First wreck. What will happen?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
What is a "volunteer driver"?
Under what circumstances can a part time preloader contractually drive with 3 stops on a Friday?
Sounds like a violation driver rather than a volunteer driver.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Good point Bubble, I was assuming an exception driver. Now we have to find out if the deliveries where airs or ground pieces.

UPSGUY72

I'm a part time pre-loader who does volunteer driving on Saturdays and throughout the week.

The Key word here is PT. I would think that anychace of being a full time driver is pretty much over.

Friday morning I went out with three stops. I was turning around on a sub-street and turned right onto a main road and hit a telephone pole causing the mirror on the passenger side to shatter all over the cab, the windshield to break and bending the hood.

I'm wondering how that telephone pole got into the middle of he street ???? Fog should have nothing to do with this accident you were pulling out of a street and telephone poles are on the side of the road.

Of course I called it in the moment it happened. I'm just wondering what our policy is for volunteer driving. They're asking me to work tomorrow (Saturday) because they're short on drivers and they say I need a supervisor to go along with me to make sure I'm driving safely. Does that mean they'll be asking me to drive again since it's my first offense and it's a minor wreck as far as wrecks go? They asked me to work tomorrow right after the wreck happened.

The supervisor is for your safety ride everyone gets one after they have an accident to see if your following proper methods. Minor you probably did a couple of thousand dollars of damage. Your a PTer I hope you don't plan on becoming a full time driver.

I haven't had a union meeting yet. that will be happening next week I guess.

Your not going to get a union meeting you had an accident as a PTer they either going to allow you to drive again or not if they don't you don't have a case.

Help me, guys. I want advice and input.

you might not like what I'm about to say but it is the truth. One of two things casued this accident your were either driving to fast or your were talking on your phone becasue last time I checked telephone poles are on the side of the road well out of the way of the driving lane. If neither of these apply then you shouldn't be driving a personal vehicle never mind a UPS truck that telephone pole could have been person.

Re-Raise

Does kind of make you wonder how you get a Package car far enough off the road to hit a telephone pole? And how did it get into your windshield? Did you knock it down?

minkie188

What contract are you quoting this from? Because in the contract that I read nowhere does it say anything like that! My contract speaks on serious accidents and criteria for one which could be a terminating offense but does not mean it is. I really hope you are talking nonsense and hope that no one has that language in their supplement.

National
Atlantic Area Sup.
Article 50 discharges or suspenions pages 192-193 paragrahs 1-2-3

Cupid

I'm a part time pre-loader who does volunteer driving on Saturdays and throughout the week.

The Key word here is PT. I would think that anychace of being a full time driver is pretty much over.

Friday morning I went out with three stops. I was turning around on a sub-street and turned right onto a main road and hit a telephone pole causing the mirror on the passenger side to shatter all over the cab, the windshield to break and bending the hood.

I'm wondering how that telephone pole got into the middle of he street ???? Fog should have nothing to do with this accident you were pulling out of a street and telephone poles are on the side of the road.

Of course I called it in the moment it happened. I'm just wondering what our policy is for volunteer driving. They're asking me to work tomorrow (Saturday) because they're short on drivers and they say I need a supervisor to go along with me to make sure I'm driving safely. Does that mean they'll be asking me to drive again since it's my first offense and it's a minor wreck as far as wrecks go? They asked me to work tomorrow right after the wreck happened.

The supervisor is for your safety ride everyone gets one after they have an accident to see if your following proper methods. Minor you probably did a couple of thousand dollars of damage. Your a PTer I hope you don't plan on becoming a full time driver.

I haven't had a union meeting yet. that will be happening next week I guess.

Your not going to get a union meeting you had an accident as a PTer they either going to allow you to drive again or not if they don't you don't have a case.

Help me, guys. I want advice and input.

you might not like what I'm about to say but it is the truth. One of two things casued this accident your were either driving to fast or your were talking on your phone becasue last time I checked telephone poles are on the side of the road well out of the way of the driving lane. If neither of these apply then you shouldn't be driving a personal vehicle never mind a UPS truck that telephone pole could have been person.

You were pretty much wrong on every point you made, dude.

I had a union meeting today (Which you said wouldn't happen)

We discussed that I had an avoidable accident and I will be getting a warning letter.

I asked what will be happening as far as my driving future. They said I will be driving. I still work Saturdays and I still drive during the week if I am needed.

I am an exception driver

Being a full-timer isn't going to be happening anytime soon with the local economy. I've been here almost four years now. The wreck won't affect my chances of becoming a full timer unless I have another withing the the next 12 months.

You're an ass

Cupid

You're honestly bragging about being a full time driver and me being a part time driver?

Wow.. High School Never Ends?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I may be an ASS but atleast I'm a FT Driver ASS.

Did you become a FT Driver by meritorious service or by virtue of your seniority as a part time employee?
I'm guessing you are, an ASS, and an off street hire by your arrogance and contractual ignorance.

Cupid

Yeah, Probably never a part-timer judging by his attitude.

Cincinnati, Kentucky is very close to Cincinnati, Ohio..

It's actually the same thing. I just hate Ohio. I live in Kentucky, but it's still considered the Cincinnati-Metro area.

UPSGUY72

Ever had an accident in your illustrious career?

Yes actually totaled a package car one freezing raining day. I called my on road SUP he and the center manager came out to see what happen and almost go into and accident getting to me. I didn't have a union meeting and didn't get written up. I went back to the building and got another package car and finish the day doing my saftey ride with my SUP end of story.