First year driver finding drama

LeftRS1

One of those Millennials Drivers
Some of the drivers in my center have started to get upset with me over scratching their routes. Saying things like I must be a runner. I can't help being a focused worker. This career is starting to feel like high school. Should I start to tank to maintain the peace or actually start running to really burn their routes?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
work safely, whatever that pace may be.
But you will learn, this year and next, that management rewards your pace with more work, relentlessly.
The fastest pace you set in one day will dictate how much you (and often the bid driver, for some reason) get for months until they finally give up and remove that split they gave you for extra work.

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
If you are simply doing the job quickly, while using the proper methods and taking your full lunch and breaks, there should be no issue. If you are working through your lunch and breaks to run scratch, there is a problem. I always had cover drivers run my route faster than me. Then I hear from customers missed pickups, all packages for apartments dumped at office, no individual attempts made, no lunch, etc... So I shrugged it off when management asked why I ran longer than Mr. Jack Rabbit.

Ultimately, it will be you that suffer the consequences. Management will simply add stops to routes you are covering, while running those same routes with a lower dispatch when the bid driver is on the route.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Take your full lunch/breaks, don't sort the truck on em or look at your diad. Obey all speed limits. Park legally. Dont back. Be courteous, don't go huffing and puffing into businesses like a meth head, "ahhhheywheredoyouwantemF*youbye!!".
Actually DR stuff to good locations, not just the nearest door. Don't run.
That should fix your problem

Some of the drivers in my center have started to get upset with me over scratching their routes. Saying things like I must be a runner. I can't help being a focused worker. This career is starting to feel like high school. Should I start to tank to maintain the peace or actually start running to really burn their routes?
Are you the SOB covering my route and getting me a stack of driver follow-ups.??

LeftRS1

One of those Millennials Drivers
Take your full lunch/breaks, don't sort the truck on em or look at your diad. Obey all speed limits. Park legally. Dont back. Be courteous, don't go huffing and puffing into businesses like a meth head, "ahhhheywheredoyouwantemF*youbye!!".
Actually DR stuff to good locations, not just the nearest door. Don't run.
That should fix your problem
I believe in service. I have been told multiple times that I am the only driver willing to wait while COD checks are filled out. I know just about every business owner in both loops that I cover by name.
The DR part is probably one I most certinly need to work on since I was trained to ring twice, say UPS and leave the packages next to door. I have gotten better at it with all the stupid apartments no more DRs unless its a bedframe/100lb irregs. #2ndyeargoal

jaker

trolling
Remember it's a marathon not a sprint , when I left my route I was doing 120 and the covers will blow though it calling it easy

I left to go to feeder and they bump my route up to 170 and the cover driver said man it's cool your route is easy and I want the OT . About 6 months later I saw him and the first thing he said was man that is way too many stops and they won't bring down the stop count and they keep trying to add more

I told him you young guys never want to listen and you made this problem and now you see why we say what we say

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Driver covering my route this week is getting about 30 stops a day more than I do.
As long as it's back to my normal 85 next week I don't care how fast he goes.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
833BBF3F-E7CD-476A-B00D-36A5A495BA12.png
Run Forrest

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Some of these drivers in my center have started to get upset with me being over allowed on my route. Saying things like I must be friends with management. I can’t help it I work safe and by the methods. This job is starting to feel like I could do it for 30 years. Should I start caring what others think or continue to get lower dispatches while I watch runners get 30 extra stops when I’m not here?

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs

Do what you need to do to provide for yourself and your family, if you have one. I have veteran drivers who get pissed that I run their route 45 mins to an hour under because they're 60+ years old, and do 6 stops per hour.