First year driver finding drama

WorknLateHuh

There is no one here that has 20+ years that is a runner gunner. We actually had one guy about 5 years ago that was like that, he got injured, both knees had surgery and never came back.

i agree with you, however, we have 1 exception in our building. The guy has 20+ years and simply will not slow down on his rural route. He gets an avalanche of work and burns it up as fast as possible. Then they give him even more work and blasts through it even faster. I don't get it. it is so ridiculous.

Besides working fast, the mechanic for his car says that he goes through twice as many leaf springs per year than any other driver, not to mention the whole suspension needs a full overhaul every year because he blasts down bumpy dirt roads all day.

And i get to cover his route next week. What a nice treat! A 10 hour day for him is 12.5 to 13.5 for me. Thank goodness for 9.5

Brohn Bron

Listen to some of us. We have been here awhile. Don't be a one hit wonder. This is a marathon not the 100 meter dash.

Nope. Won’t listen to any of you. You make aweful assumptions and continuously blow each other about the same dumb :censored2:. The future of this company rests and dies with the new generation coming in. You think your old tactics of lying down on the job and hiding behind the ‘methods’ bs will save your jobs and your body. Eff that!! Stop hiding behind that bs and assuming others don’t follow simply because you make a conscious decision to lay down.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Some of the drivers in my center have started to get upset with me over scratching their routes. Saying things like I must be a runner. I can't help being a focused worker. This career is starting to feel like high school. Should I start to tank to maintain the peace or actually start running to really burn their routes?
How do you scratch? Do you take a full lunch?

Brohn Bron

i agree with you, however, we have 1 exception in our building. The guy has 20+ years and simply will not slow down on his rural route. He gets an avalanche of work and burns it up as fast as possible. Then they give him even more work and blasts through it even faster. I don't get it. it is so ridiculous.

Besides working fast, the mechanic for his car says that he goes through twice as many leaf springs per year than any other driver, not to mention the whole suspension needs a full overhaul every year because he blasts down bumpy dirt roads all day.

And i get to cover his route next week. What a nice treat! A 10 hour day for him is 12.5 to 13.5 for me. Thank goodness for 9.5

Sounds like opportunity! If you’re a cover driver, bid on a different vacation route or bump another younger driver. This guy sounds like a beast!! People should thank him for taking so much work off other routes to satiate his working appetite!

Nope. Won’t listen to any of you. You make aweful assumptions and continuously blow each other about the same dumb :censored2:. The future of this company rests and dies with the new generation coming in. You think your old tactics of lying down on the job and hiding behind the ‘methods’ bs will save your jobs and your body. Eff that!! Stop hiding behind that bs and assuming others don’t follow simply because you make a conscious decision to lay down.
I never said lay down. I said work like a human being. Go too fast and you make mistaks, get hurt or get in an accident.

You know everything, don't come on here crying that I am disabled and can't do this job anymore. Maybe you make it it ling enough here to take a P* 22.3 job when your body is broken down

LMFAO

Zowert

Be courteous, don't go huffing and puffing into businesses like a meth head, "ahhhheywheredoyouwantemF*youbye!!".

Hahahahaha! That is totally me, i'm a new driver and it always seems like i'm behind. So i'm in and out as quickly as possible. Now that I think about it, I should probably calm the friend down.

Re-Raise

You won’t find any sympathy here. All these old guys are slow as :censored2: for one reason or another. Don’t let them intimidate you! They call you a runner? Shrug it off and remember... you’re paying for their retirement. High productivity means more work. If you’re in a bonus center and you’re motivated, role that work up and stick it in your pocket as overtime and bonus pay. Take care of yourself, my friend. Remember, you’re a wolf out there, asked to do what most wont do or can’t!
I'm curious also Skippy, how long have you been a driver?

Last edited by a moderator:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Hahahahaha! That is totally me, i'm a new driver and it always seems like i'm behind. So i'm in and out as quickly as possible. Now that I think about it, I should probably calm the friend down.
That is very important. Even if you are totally boned for the day (which is a regular occurance), make it look like you have an easy day. It takes at least afew years to get that part down.

Pullman Brown

Some of the drivers in my center have started to get upset with me over scratching their routes. Saying things like I must be a runner. I can't help being a focused worker. This career is starting to feel like high school. Should I start to tank to maintain the peace or actually start running to really burn their routes?

You'll be ok!

LeftRS1

One of those Millennials Drivers
Shooting .5 to .3 under means I am runner?
How do you scratch? Do you take a full lunch?
First I check my air then my irregs for any along my air trace route. Always make the school my first stop since there isnt ever a good time for it besides when I come off the interstate. Work the air pattern I have set for myself. Deliever whatever business I have that will be closed between 12-130ish on the way back to the medical center. Do the bulk stops before the doctor offices. Take a restroom/water break. Do apartments buildings around the medical center, Not the single homes save those for pick time. Do walmart and rest of businesses. Finish businesses at the retirement home with a single elevator. Lunch@ meat and three. Finish out apartments. Work residents back towards medical center for pick ups around 1530. Remember who said they were closing early and wouldnt have anything. Check both labs anyways. Get On Call for cancer doctor (oncolonist) do the pick up joke with lady about UPS putting a chip in my head just for her. Do delivers around medical center. Go to tire shop pick up. Take last break. Deliver the last few 20 stops back towards interstate. Route averages 260 to 320 pieces. 155 stops. Over/ under .2 most days. Except for packed like a mule days then it goes over .7

Pullman Brown

Lol “back in my day, you young whipper snappers”..... Yada yada yada. Such a circle jerk. Walking, talking, broken cliches. Most unsavory part of this entire forum.

You know what, yeah it's true that their are runners who make it 25-30 years, I know some, but a lot of that is genetics and a lot of other factors but from listening to guys who have been doing full-time driving for a long time and just myself doing it for sometime now, your body will fight you as you start aging so just watch yourself and slow down some!

I don't agree that every driver who bonuses just a little or scratches on a legit timed route is a runner, we don't all have the same genetics, former athletes do well in this type of job unless your too fat, but scratching a route is a good goal!

Brohn Bron

You know what, yeah it's true that their are runners who make it 25-30 years, I know some, but a lot of that is genetics and a lot of other factors but from listening to guys who have been doing full-time driving for a long time and just myself doing it for sometime now, your body will fight you as you start aging so just watch yourself and slow down some!

I don't agree that every driver who bonuses just a little or scratches on a legit timed route is a runner, we don't all have the same genetics, former athletes do well in this type of job unless your too fat, but scratching a route is a good goal!

Well said Lion!

Brohn Bron

First I check my air then my irregs for any along my air trace route. Always make the school my first stop since there isnt ever a good time for it besides when I come off the interstate. Work the air pattern I have set for myself. Deliever whatever business I have that will be closed between 12-130ish on the way back to the medical center. Do the bulk stops before the doctor offices. Take a restroom/water break. Do apartments buildings around the medical center, Not the single homes save those for pick time. Do walmart and rest of businesses. Finish businesses at the retirement home with a single elevator. Lunch@ meat and three. Finish out apartments. Work residents back towards medical center for pick ups around 1530. Remember who said they were closing early and wouldnt have anything. Check both labs anyways. Get On Call for cancer doctor (oncolonist) do the pick up joke with lady about UPS putting a chip in my head just for her. Do delivers around medical center. Go to tire shop pick up. Take last break. Deliver the last few 20 stops back towards interstate. Route averages 260 to 320 pieces. 155 stops. Over/ under .2 most days. Except for packed like a mule days then it goes over .7

lol oncolonist? Is this a fancy way to say colon cancer doctor?

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day

sounds like your not following Orion.