First year driver finding drama

Integrity

Binge Poster
Some of the drivers in my center have started to get upset with me over scratching their routes. Saying things like I must be a runner. I can't help being a focused worker. This career is starting to feel like high school. Should I start to tank to maintain the peace or actually start running to really burn their routes?
Following all methods?

F

Frankie's Friend

Some of the drivers in my center have started to get upset with me over scratching their routes. Saying things like I must be a runner. I can't help being a focused worker. This career is starting to feel like high school. Should I start to tank to maintain the peace or actually start running to really burn their routes?
I stood in the office one day watching the on road supe wave 6 driver follow ups in this gunner's face and 3 more were already pending to boot.

That idiot driver is no longer a driver. He is a supe.

Dude, if you need Broadspire's phone number later when they deny your workers comp injuries I'll look it up for you.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
They had a big cut fest this week a lot of routes were out,unfreakin believable.
heck ya, got to load 3 cars instead of 4, oh wait, the volume is nearly the same??? Hmmmm

I'll be perfectly honest: seeing the runner burn out, take a bunch of dead days, and finally see his route getting cut daily, brings tears to my eyes.

Brohn Bron

You won’t find any sympathy here. All these old guys are slow as :censored2: for one reason or another. Don’t let them intimidate you! They call you a runner? Shrug it off and remember... you’re paying for their retirement. High productivity means more work. If you’re in a bonus center and you’re motivated, role that work up and stick it in your pocket as overtime and bonus pay. Take care of yourself, my friend. Remember, you’re a wolf out there, asked to do what most wont do or can’t!

Last edited by a moderator:
You won’t find any sympathy here. All these old guys are slow as :censored2: for one reason or another. Don’t let them intimidate you! They call you a runner? Shrug it off and remember... you’re paying for their retirement. High productivity means more work. If you’re in a bonus center and you’re motivated, role that work up and stick it in your pocket as overtime and bonus pay. Take care of yourself, my friend. Remember, you’re a wolf out there, asked to do what most wont do or can’t!
Running is how you get hurt. I've seen many drivers end their career prematurely.

Right @Wilson1397 ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Brohn Bron

Take your full lunch/breaks, don't sort the truck on em or look at your diad. Obey all speed limits. Park legally. Dont back. Be courteous, don't go huffing and puffing into businesses like a meth head, "ahhhheywheredoyouwantemF*youbye!!".
Actually DR stuff to good locations, not just the nearest door. Don't run.
That should fix your problem

This isn’t true at all. You can be fast/efficient while, parking safely/legally, being curteaous providing excellent customer service, and lifting properly. This is a codswallop cop out response, typical of people who expect their work to be done by someone else.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
This isn’t true at all. You can be fast/efficient while, parking safely/legally, being curteaous providing excellent customer service, and lifting properly. This is a :censored2: cop out response, typical of people who expect their work to be done by someone else.
How many years have you worked here?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
This isn’t true at all. You can be fast/efficient while, parking safely/legally, being curteaous providing excellent customer service, and lifting properly. This is a :censored2: cop out response, typical of people who expect their work to be done by someone else.
Guys like you come and go, you’ll be remembered as the example I give to the younger guys on why you don’t run and gun.

There is no one here that has 20+ years that is a runner gunner. We actually had one guy about 5 years ago that was like that, he got injured, both knees had surgery and never came back.

Keep on keep’n on, like you said, you’re paying for my retirement.

Brohn Bron

Guys like you come and go, you’ll be remembered as the example I give to the younger guys on why you don’t run and gun.

There is no one here that has 20+ years that is a runner gunner. We actually had one guy about 5 years ago that was like that, he got injured, both knees had surgery and never came back.

Hurry up and retire, old fart. Let someone better do it!

Hethatbeking

Will you be able to burn up routes 10 to 15 years into your career after a few injuries and bad knees from jumping in and out of the truck?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer

you as may be to talking to the wall.

99% of these guys don't learn until it is too late.

Brohn Bron

Misdeliver packages, get customer complaints and crash the truck

Dear Lord.

Do this job for a decade and get back to us.

Lol “back in my day, you young whipper snappers”..... Yada yada yada. Such a circle jerk. Walking, talking, broken cliches. Most unsavory part of this entire forum.