First year driver finding drama

LeftRS1

One of those Millennials Drivers
That’s because you’re probably a smart efficient driver. The majority of people on this thread will try to tear you down and say your not smart and you should dumb it down because god forbid, you don’t want more work. Roll that dough up and put it in yo pocket my friend!
There's always a route that needs to be covered!
And later on when you get the chance to become a bid driver you wont just pick one because its one you know but because its one you like

Brohn Bron

Do you remember what it was like your first 30 or first peak? Thinking how does anyone do this job? You and your body adapted. I believe in using my two wheeler to preserve my back. I use three points of contact every day not just when its raining or snowing.

I know I may be the only service provider it takes to lose customer or gain one so I take the time to learn their names. And they know if I say I will be back later with your ground pieces that they can expect me by 1130 not 1650.

I cant help it if my coworkers misdeliver or missed the pick up the day before. But I dont bad mouth them. All I say "He must had a tough day, sorry."

Just about all peak I went home tired working 12-13 hours. 9-10 hours days now feel easy.
Thanks I feel all fired up now for tomorrow.

(Should I have mentioned my issue is with other Minnenials?)

Minnenials? You mean Millenials?

Brohn Bron

Millennials*

Lol it’s not just millenials. :censored2:heads exist in every generation. But if you’re trying to tie in your political leanings to this forum, I’m sure you’re in good company. I think two separate people referenced tidepod eating as an insult since Friday on this thread.

HereWeGoAgain

...and you think you and your body can keep this up for how many years?
It has nothing to do with stealing time, UPS is not your life its what you DO. Enjoy it a little, just some friendly advice from a vet. Not to mention you can work your ass off for UPS but one day you will get in an accident or get hurt and none of that will matter. You'll be the next turd on the radar, till they find a new flavor of the month. So seriously enjoy your time in Brown, and be safe out there you've got 29 years to go.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Knowing 35 routes gives you options. Gain some rank in seniority and stay a cover driver each year, that’s alot of vacation routes to bid on. Because everyone races (at least in my center) to bid on any route that’s available, it is a pretty great opportunity to get on something you choose to be on. Being on the same route gets pretty boring and mundane. Firm believer that if you stay on the same route, area knowledge wise you become a little one dimensional. You get more cranky when you have someone else’s splits and area, helping others.

Do you have a point in that wall of text?

Re-Raise

Child? Lol GTFO. We done, pops!

65712422-1BDF-4315-AA1A-E40649112EF8.gif

Brohn Bron

Go on the road and figure it out and get paid for it.

I get paid for it just fine in bonus pay. The sacrifice is pension contributions because if I go home for 6 hours of actual work and still get paid for 8. But hold on, Gumby (or should I say grumpy?) I make a quick call to my sup, some guy has 150 stops somewhere (for whatever reason, new driver, laying down, :censored2: the bed) and needs help! More work and money in my pocket, sucka!!!! Now I get my pension pay for staying out late, posting a 10 hr day on 14 hour workload.

I get paid for it just fine in bonus pay. The sacrifice is pension contributions because if I go home for 6 hours of actual work and still get paid for 8. But hold on, Gumby (or should I say grumpy?) I make a quick call to my sup, some guy has 150 stops somewhere (for whatever reason, new driver, laying down, :censored2: the bed) and needs help! More work and money in my pocket, sucka!!!! Now I get my pension pay for staying out late, posting a 10 hr day on 14 hour workload.
You wouldn't get away with it here.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Oh heck yea! Get up into that truck and figure it out.

Hear that? You hear that everyone... that’s the sound of the cranky old guys running to blast and judge what I just said.

The legitimate criticisms of doing that are: you are stealing work from your preloader, violating company policy, the contract, and causing the company to violate labor laws. If you are performing work, you must get paid. If you get hurt off the clock, you may be denied workers comp.

Last edited: