Fishing on Lunch

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Would you like another one? This beast has been sitting on my floor for about 3 months. Impossible to get rid of so far. Think I'm going to haul it to Madison this month on move in weekend and leave it on a street corner for some poor Badger.
There ain't a poor Badger there without an HD flat screen. Bring it next Friday and I'll meet you there with a cooler and a sledge hammer.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
You go through the proper procedures and get a pass for a personal item from management.
A personal pass? Sounds like a hassle. Benefit #148 of living in the boonies. Assumed trust in your fellow man.
Everything fine until it isn't. If you have a building and management that looks the other way or even does it themselves, great for you. It doesn't change the policy or how it can be applied. It appears most of you haven't seen UPS management act in an arbitrary manner. I have.
This entire forum talks about how much they hate management. I can tell you that with certainty because I have been called many (often humorous) names.
Please reread the thread.
You still haven't offered proof besides claiming it exists. I could say " @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U only drinks shirley temples." But it doesn't mean it's true.
This policy is posted in every building.
Man you've been to every building? That's impressive. Sorry ours is so small and dirty. The OMS is picking out new wallpaper this weekend.
I shop on my lunch or break
As you have the right to do. Just apparently not if this guy is your boss.
No guess. Its there, its here. its everywhere. Open your eyes.
It isn't there. I went through our policy book tonight in the center again and guess what? It's not there. If it's not in the corporate policy book where is it written? And don't give me that "It exists!" bs. When you present an argument it is up to you to offer proof.
I can't wait until the brain trust on this thread finally find the posting it in their building or have to be lead by the nose by someone who does know were its is. My guess it been under there noses for a while. I wish they could post a selfie of there expressions when they read it. Something like this I imagine.
Give it up champ.
Mine is by the check in area. Its with the No Gambling, No Fire Arms, No drugs or alcohol, No solicitation, No shipping of personal item in UPS system without payment, No duffle bags/knapsacks, etc.
"Silly arguments with no facts allowed"

9.5er

The policy is as old as UPS. You can not use UPS vehicles to ship person items without paying for it. This policy is posted in every building.

Would you provide a picture of this policy as it is posted in your building? I have not seen any such policy posted in mine.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Back before the day of online bill pay it was common practice for guys to ask the drivers to drop off their bills/payments while on area, to save on the postage.

Wilson

A personal pass? Sounds like a hassle. Benefit #148 of living in the boonies. Assumed trust in your fellow man.

This entire forum talks about how much they hate management. I can tell you that with certainty because I have been called many (often humorous) names.

You still haven't offered proof besides claiming it exists. I could say " @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U only drinks shirley temples." But it doesn't mean it's true.

Man you've been to every building? That's impressive. Sorry ours is so small and dirty. The OMS is picking out new wallpaper this weekend.

As you have the right to do. Just apparently not if this guy is your boss.

It isn't there. I went through our policy book tonight in the center again and guess what? It's not there. If it's not in the corporate policy book where is it written? And don't give me that "It exists!" bs. When you present an argument it is up to you to offer proof.

Give it up champ.

"Silly arguments with no facts allowed"

That was an unimpressive list of nothing. I can only imagine its akin to a shotgun blast and I'm supposed to be so impressed and put back on my heels as to surrender to your verbose acumen. Ah, sorry, that's a miss. This policy has been around since this company has been around and no I haven't been to every building (how stupid) but uniformity is a obvious trait at UPS and its lawyers would insist on it. So, and here's a nugget for your astute observation: Its logical to assume every building has it posted. Its also logical that UPS would have a policy that forbids the use of UPS vehicles for personal use. So not only is it and should be a policy posted on the "Permanent Policy" board in every building but its simply stands to reason and logic they would. So all these "I don't see it" and "never heard of it" are REASONABLE or ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS.

So quote away but the fact remains the same. Use the truck for what ever purpose you like for all I care. From the beginning of this thread I only wanted to warn the ostriches that they are on the wrong side of OFFICIAL UPS POLICY regarding the use of UPS vehicles for personal use. Transport you personal goods at your own risk.

Good luck when you are standing in front of the arbitrator complaining that your use of the vehicle for your personal gain was authorized because you couldn't find the policy posting and never took the time to ask a manager. Have fun in your new occupation.

Wilson

So you can't support your claims then.

When I get back to the building I'll taker a pic but look around your own building its there. The last thing I'll say on this matter is this:

The counter argument to the one I have made is that the UPS vehicle is simply an extension of your own personal life when you are on lunch or breaks. Its a regular pickup truck for any employees free use for what ever they see fit to use it for. That's exactly what the counter argument is period. If if that sound stupid and grossly inane then you have to agree with me.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I can only imagine its akin to a shotgun blast and I'm supposed to be so impressed and put back on my heels as to surrender to your verbose acumen. Ah, sorry, that's a miss. This policy has been around since this company has been around and no I haven't been to every building (how stupid) but uniformity is a obvious trait at UPS and its lawyers would insist on it. So, and here's a nugget for your astute observation: Its logical to assume every building has it posted. Its also logical that UPS would have a policy that forbids the use of UPS vehicles for personal use. So not only is it and should be a policy posted on the "Permanent Policy" board in every building but its simply stands to reason and logic they would. So all these "I don't see it" and "never heard of it" are REASONABLE or ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS.
Using it for personal use would be grabbing a package car on a Saturday to move. By buying something on your break (aka not on company time) and not redirecting the vehicle somewhere besides your delivery and pickup stops you are not using it for personal use. With that logic the lunch you bring to work breaks UPS policy because it's for personal use.
Use the truck for what ever purpose you like for all I care. From the beginning of this thread I only wanted to warn the ostriches that they are on the wrong side of OFFICIAL UPS POLICY regarding the use of UPS vehicles for personal use. Transport you personal goods at your own risk.
They aren't though.
Good luck when you are standing in front of the arbitrator complaining that your use of the vehicle for your personal gain was authorized because you couldn't find the policy posting and never took the time to ask a manager. Have fun in your new occupation.
I'm not going to stand in front of any arbitrator. For one because I'm management. And second because nobody would try to enforce such an insane interpretation of shipping something for free.
You know what would shut us up? This policy in writing.

Wilson

Using it for personal use would be grabbing a package car on a Saturday to move. By buying something on your break (aka not on company time) and not redirecting the vehicle somewhere besides your delivery and pickup stops you are not using it for personal use. With that logic the lunch you bring to work breaks UPS policy because it's for personal use.

They aren't though.

I'm not going to stand in front of any arbitrator. For one because I'm management. And second because nobody would try to enforce such an insane interpretation of shipping something for free.

You know what would shut us up? This policy in writing.

Again you leave logic and reason absent in your retorts. You say your management? Now I understand why.