Fishing on Lunch

FilingBluesFL

I guess I need to be fired when I get to work on Monday.

That Chic-Fil-A meal I bought at the mall, I Transported against policy and two hours later, I dropped it off at a golf course 5 miles away.

Guess that was against company policy to transport that item I bought and then dropped off somewhere else...

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

That Chic-Fil-A meal I bought at the mall, I Transported against policy and two hours later, I dropped it off at a golf course 5 miles away.

Guess that was against company policy to transport that item I bought and then dropped off somewhere else...

Bad boy! Bad!!

9.5er

As long as you recorded the drop off time as part of your break you should be good.

Wilson

As long as you recorded the drop off time as part of your break you should be good.

Everybody that rolls the dice never thinks it will be them that craps out. Using a UPS vehicle for your personal benefit like every other person/business UPS pickups and delivers goods for without paying is stealing . Stealing is a cardinal sin. So while you and the rest of the posters here that like to play word games and essential equate their personal time and the UPS truck as their property just remember ignorance is no defense. Your personal time (lunch/breaks) is simply a break in your employment day. You are still an employee even when your are on a lunch or break period.

Last edited:

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Everybody that rolls the dice never thinks it will be them that craps out. Using a UPS vehicle for your personal benefit like every other person/business UPS pickups and delivers goods for without paying is stealing . Stealing is a cardinal sin. So while you and the rest of the poster here that like to play word games and essential equate their personal time and the UPS truck as their property just remember ignorance is no defense. Your personal time (lunch/breaks) is simply a break in your employment day. You are still an employee even when your are on a lunch or break period.

Give it a break, Wilson.

Wilson

Using it for personal use would be grabbing a package car on a Saturday to move. By buying something on your break (aka not on company time) and not redirecting the vehicle somewhere besides your delivery and pickup stops you are not using it for personal use. With that logic the lunch you bring to work breaks UPS policy because it's for personal use.

They aren't though.

I'm not going to stand in front of any arbitrator. For one because I'm management. And second because nobody would try to enforce such an insane interpretation of shipping something for free.

You know what would shut us up? This policy in writing.

Their is a actual written policy that should be posted in every building. I'm stunned that you having said your in management and have no idea of this policy or that you condone the use of UPS transportation system for workers personal use. UPS offers a discount for employees to ship goods the do not allow UPS employees to use its system for personal use without paying for it like every other person or business. Again, I'm stunned at your lack of knowledge. STUNNED!

Hey, Mr. Manager, I have a short quiz for ya. Does UPS have to have a written policy for every human act that they would defined as a cardinal sin?

Like fighting? Hmm!

"Where the policy? Where it written?" As long as its on my break I should be able to bitch slap anyone I want? Right? I mean where its written that I can't?

Last edited:
Their is a actual written policy that should be posted in every building. I'm stunned that you having said your in management and no idea of this policy or that you condone the use of UPS transportation system for workers personal use. UPS offers a discount for employees to ship goods the do not allow UPS employees to use its system for personal use without paying for it like every other person or business. Again, I'm stunned at your lack of knowledge. STUNNED!

Hey, Mr. Manager, I have a short quiz for ya. Does UPS have to have a written policy for every human act that they would would be defined as a cardinal sin?

Like fighting? Hmm!

"Where the policy? Where it written?" As long as its on my break I should be able to bitch slap anyone I want? Right? I mean where its written that I can't?
Chill. Not worth get all fired up about.

oldngray

nowhere special
wilson-home-improvement.gif

Wilson

Give it a break, Wilson.

No way! I've been simply trying to help the mentally handicap here from losing their jobs because they like walking around with their Johnsons in their hands. I think its also a little entertaining watching them go through these verbal gymnastic just to justify a failed logic. :stupid: