Fishing on Lunch

Wilson

I've been with the company for 25 years and I've never heard of this policy. Can you show me where this is written?
Its part of your permanent posting. It should be on a bulletin board along with the alcohol/drug use, firearms, sexual harassment, non-solicitation, etc.

oldngray

nowhere special
Interesting how employees get passes from management to take personal items out of the building. And UPS sometimes will ask to see a receipt as proof you bought the item. Its not like abusing it to haul large freight or using a package car to haul your furniture around. UPS understands it is often impossible to do some things after work with it usually meaning getting off work late so allows reasonable personal items.

Wilson

Interesting how employees get passes from management to take personal items out of the building. And UPS sometimes will ask to see a receipt as proof you bought the item. Its not like abusing it to haul large freight or using a package car to haul your furniture around. UPS understands it is often impossible to do some things after work with it usually meaning getting off work late so allows reasonable personal items.

You know, I'm just saying, people should know, that its still putting a noose around your own neck. If you or they can live with that then more power to you and them.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Oddly enough you add no counter argument. Saying something is absurd appears easier than proving it.
You were the one who claimed it as fact, therefor proving your statement is on you. I looked today because I couldn't believe it and couldn't find a thing.

Wilson

You were the one who claimed it as fact, therefor proving your statement is on you. I looked today because I couldn't believe it and couldn't find a thing.

You don't have a permanent posting bulletin board at your building? If you do, can you read?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
You know, I'm just saying, people should know, that its still putting a noose around your own neck. If you or they can live with that then more power to you and them.
I once brought back a 36 inch tube TV I bought on area. 175 pounds. Asked permission first.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I once brought back a 36 inch tube TV I bought on area. 175 pounds. Asked permission first.
Would you like another one? This beast has been sitting on my floor for about 3 months. Impossible to get rid of so far. Think I'm going to haul it to Madison this month on move in weekend and leave it on a street corner for some poor Badger.

oldngray

nowhere special
Would you like another one? This beast has been sitting on my floor for about 3 months. Impossible to get rid of so far. Think I'm going to haul it to Madison this month on move in weekend and leave it on a street corner for some poor Badger.

I have an old 32 inch CRT television in a closet. You almost can't give away those things but still works so I didn't want to throw it out.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
You don't have a permanent posting bulletin board at your building? If you do, can you read?
There's nothing on that bulletin board about it. We had a guy who picks up Best Buy bring back a TV he bought for himself on break. FT Sup helped him bring it to his car. No mention of charging him.

Wilson

There's nothing on that bulletin board about it. We had a guy who picks up Best Buy bring back a TV he bought for himself on break. FT Sup helped him bring it to his car. No mention of charging him.

Ask your supervisor or a HR person for the location. Shipping personal items without payment is considers stealing. The word "stealing" in on the policy. Try the bulletin board that has UPS policy like, gambling, solicitation. alcohol/drugs/firearms, personal bags, etc. Ours in our check in area.

Wilson

Buying items on route is not the same as shipping items through UPS.

An arbitrator won't make that distinction. Because its a distinction without a difference. If its not UPS business, if its a person item for your personal use, your personal gain, then its forbidden. Unless you pay the shipping cost.

Its has nothing to do with say lunches. Which is transported for the purpose of consumption. Lunches are consumables. As in not like roof flashing.

Last edited:

oldngray

nowhere special
An arbitrator won't make that distinction. Because its a distinction without a difference. If its not UPS business, if its a person item for your personal use, your personal gain, then its forbidden.

Its has nothing to do with say lunches. Which is transported for the purpose of consumption. Lunches are consumables. As in not like roof flashing.

It is very much a different situation. You just seem unable to understand.

Wilson

It is very much a different situation. You just seem unable to understand.

Is it your truck? Its your gas? Is it your insurance? Are you paying yourself for the time handling it?
A distinction without a difference. Do you understand?