Fishing on Lunch

oldngray

nowhere special
Is it your truck? Its your gas? Is it your insurance? Are you paying yourself for time the handling it?
A distinction without a difference. Do you understand?

You are not using UPS services to pick up packages or deliver them to your house. See the difference?

Wilson

You are not using UPS services to pick up packages or deliver them to your house. See the difference?

Again, its semantics. You want to say shipping a box from you to your grandmother in FLA is not ok without paying for it. But shipping a TV from Best Buy to your car is?

An arbitrator will not make that distinction. They will rule that you used the company vehicle for your own personal gain. Termination upheld. CYA!

oldngray

nowhere special
Again, its semantics. You want to say shipping a box from you to your grandmother in FLA is not ok without paying for it. But shipping a TV from Best Buy to your car is?

An arbitrator will not make that distinction. They will rule that you used the company vehicle for your own personal gain. Termination upheld. CYA!

How can you claim an arbitrator would not make that distinction? Have you ever seen one rule it that way? And of course it is semantics. Which is why you are wrong. You are interpreting the situation in your own way that is not how things are in real life. I notice you didn't answer about your driving experience so I must assume you are fairly new and just trying to make something you saw mean something completely different.

Wilson

How can you claim an arbitrator would not make that distinction? Have you ever seen one rule it that way? And of course it is semantics. Which is why you are wrong. You are interpreting the situation in your own way that is not how things are in real life. I notice you didn't answer about your driving experience so I must assume you are fairly new and just trying to make something you saw mean something completely different.

I'm not new to UPS.
I've seen more than one driver fired over this.
If you don't see the point then good luck to you. Just keep on keepin on and when that safe falls on your head don't say you weren't told so.

If UPS will fire you over driving off area over a mile what do you think they'll do when they see you humping a TV out of your truck and into your car? Are you serious you don't get it?

oldngray

nowhere special
I'm not new to UPS.
I've seen more than one driver fired over this.
If you don't see the point then good luck to you. Just keep on keepin on and when that safe falls on your head don't say you weren't told so.

If UPS will fire you over driving off area over a mile what do you think they'll do when they see you humping a TV out of your truck and into your car? Are serious you don't get it?

Obviously you don't get it. You go through the proper procedures and get a pass for a personal item from management. You apparently don't know very much about operations.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Maybe he's Integrity's evil twin.

oldngray

nowhere special
Maybe he's Integrity's evil twin.
462602.gif

Wilson

Obviously you don't get it. You go through the proper procedures and get a pass for a personal item from management. You apparently don't know very much about operations.

Well, now at least I have you asking permission first. I guess that's progress and an admission on your part

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Well, now at least I have you asking permission first. I guess that's progress and an admission on your part

I used to buy and pick up personal items all the time. Hell, I had supervisors training me and/or riding with me do the same.

We never had formal security at my building, and the only thing that was said to us was to move whatever we had to our own vehicles after punching out if we had visitors.

upsman68

I used to buy and pick up personal items all the time. Hell, I had supervisors training me and/or riding with me do the same.

We never had formal security at my building, and the only thing that was said to us was to move whatever we had to our own vehicles after punching out if we had visitors.

I work in the same type of building you do. They tell us the same thing. My supervisor ask me to pick up a car part for him. The dealership was on my route.

Wilson

Everything fine until it isn't. If you have a building and management that looks the other way or even does it themselves, great for you. It doesn't change the policy or how it can be applied. It appears most of you haven't seen UPS management act in an arbitrary manner. I have. What went on yesterday and what might go on today is no guarantee that it will go on tomorrow and everyone running this game aught to know your on the wrong side of the policy.

T

Turdferguson

Everything fine until it isn't. If you have a building and management that looks the other way or even does it themselves, great for you. It doesn't change the policy or how it can be applied. It appears most of you haven't seen UPS management act in an arbitrary manner. I have. What went on yesterday and what might go on today is no guarantee that it will go on tomorrow and everyone running this game aught to know your on the wrong side of the policy.
Where exactly is that policy written at?