Florida Republicans pass anti-union bill, reject Democrats’ attempts to soften its blow

nWo

I’m not advocating for getting rid of public unions just the way they do business. Any time either side has more power than the other. It is bad they need to be equal, and it needs to be fair.

If someone agrees to join a union. Why shouldn't the union be able to collect dues via payroll deduction? Why?

Thebrownblob

If someone agrees to join a union. Why shouldn't the union be able to collect dues via payroll deduction? Why?
When did I say they shouldn’t? Dues check off is important. I thought we were talking about public and private unions and the way they negotiate contracts?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Respect for workers in the workplace always has a place. But when one side has too much power, it destroys the thing they’re trying to achieve which is equity and equality. The UAW almost destroyed their selves that way.
A municipal union members are paid by me. But I can’t fire them if they strike, and they don’t answer to me, only the paymaster politicians that pander to them for votes. He only likes them because they vote democrat reliably. All he can do is blame Fox news. 🤣

nWo

Remember guys Florida is already a RTW state. All this bill does is add extra administrative costs to union halls.

nWo

When did I say they shouldn’t? Dues check off is important. I thought we were talking about public and private unions and the way they negotiate contracts?

The Bill passed by Florida republicans bans them from collecting dues via payroll deduction.

oldngray

nowhere special
A municipal union members are paid by me. But I can’t fire them if they strike, and they don’t answer to me, only the paymaster politicians that pander to them for votes. He only likes them because they vote democrat reliably. All he can do is blame Fox news. 🤣
Most public employee unions are little more than slush funds for Democrats

nWo

Florida is already a RTW state. Nobody is being forced to join the union. Form a logical argument as to why unions shouldn't be able to collect dues via payroll deduction.

Thebrownblob

The Bill passed by Florida republicans bans them from collecting dues via payroll deduction.
Great well I disagree with that, it was not what we were talking about a few moments ago. My local has some bargaining units to do not have dues check off and it is a complete mess because they have to pay their dues themselves.

nWo

Public unions are negotiating against a politician who wants to get reelected. And most don’t want any bad publicity, so they’ll bend over backwards, even if it’ screws, the taxpayer Totally different than a private union. Trying to get a good contract from a private company.

Desantis surely isn't scared of bad publicity.