Florida Republicans pass anti-union bill, reject Democrats’ attempts to soften its blow

Thebrownblob

It's literally in the first post.
I’m not a fan of not allowing payroll deductions for your Dues, but how does this bust unions? We have a large number of white paper contracts that do not have dues check off and they’re still union. They just have to pay every month themselves.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
You’re not fighting for anything you don’t do a damn thing except come on here and post nonsense. How many Barns have you organized, how many contracts have you helped negotiate? How many strike lines have you walked that are not Part of your own contract?
IMG_4192.gif

nWo

I’m not a fan of not allowing payroll deductions for your Dues, but how does this bust unions? We have a large number of white paper contracts that do not have dues check off and they’re still union. They just have to pay every month themselves.

It adds extra unnecessary administrative costs to unions. It's union busting.

Thebrownblob

It adds extra unnecessary administrative costs to unions.
No, it doesn’t the member pays the credit card fees. Or they bring cash or a check You’re literally telling me how it works when I see it every single month. Is it more convenient? Absolutely but it’s not a dealbreaker. Honestly if UPS members had to pay their own dues, they would probably come to Union hall more.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
No, it doesn’t the member pays the credit card fees. Or they bring cash or a check You’re literally telling me how it works when I see it every single month. Is it more convenient? Absolutely but it’s not a dealbreaker. Honestly if UPS members had to pay their own dues, they would probably come to Union hall more.
Because no one pays bills online. How stupid.

Thebrownblob

Because no one pays bills online. How stupid.
The only extra step is if someone uses a credit card, and the fees have to be paid by the member. Other than that it makes no difference. I don’t know about every union, but many are not set up to take payments online over the phone perhaps.