Flow Count~..!?

tieguy

Banned
Tie I still feel that I had the right to my opinion that your posts on this thread were BS, it is that plain and simple.
Your response was totally overboard to my comment. Your flame was unprovoked and undeserved. The fact that I have to run a poll to prove to you my point shows your either hard headed or dishonest. Hopefully the former.

UPS Lifer

Getting back to the thread....!

Every operation has MSD that is taken. This will determine what the "Rule of Thumb" rates are. In my previous operation - the feeder unload rate was 1100 PPH and the air container operation was 1200 PPH.

A good unload or sort supervisor (even load side) knows what to expect from their employees. They should not take counts on the employee if there are jams or irregs or other unusual situation. We did individual counts to let the employee know where they stood. It was a recognition tool (see below).

As for the operation - flow counts use to tell us how we were doing. In some cases we used those along with counters to determine if we were going to hit our down time.

Now the new scanning systems will relay scanned load numbers to help us determine down times and other production indices. It is about 15 minutes behind but uses scanned volume so it is as accurate as the packages scanned.

My supervisors used the counts to promote a unloader and sorter of the week based on the counts and missorts and other indices. This would equate to an unloader of the month - sorter of the month etc. Ultimately - we would get an EOM for the whole operation. It was a great tool to recognize employees efforts!

UPS Lifer

Ignore them, they will always push you harder to make themselves look better, work at a safe steady pace and don't kill yourself.

I always chuckle when I see posts like this! Yeah - go ahead and ignore your supervisor .... that will get you far! Also - PLEASE don't kill yourself.:dead:That is certainly good advice!
:rofl:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Dilli I'm outspoken and opinionated not intentionally obtuse and forgetful. I honestly have no idea what you are talking about. Another 144 fresh posts since my last log in. Am I expected to read them all?

Obviously you did not go back to Ethics and personal responsibilty. And I am sure that you don't want too. You know perfectly well what I am talking about.

(sigh) That's ok Tie, it's your story and you stick to it.

tieguy

Banned
Obviously you did not go back to Ethics and personal responsibilty. And I am sure that you don't want too. You know perfectly well what I am talking about.

(sigh) That's ok Tie, it's your story and you stick to it.

Dilli,

thats why its sometimes better to run the poll. The majority agrees with the point I was making. therefore the question you need to ask is why you are out of touch with reality. Or do you have an ethics problem?

Also Dilli I'm afraid you misrepresented the quotes on the poll thread. How dissapointing. Here I thought you were going to teach me something about ethics and personal responsibility and yet you willfully misrepresented the quotes in question. It appears I will now have to send you back to reread the information on ethics and personal responsibility. try to learn your material this time. thanks for serving yourself up...:)

Last edited:
Tie I still feel that I had the right to my opinion that your posts on this thread were BS, it is that plain and simple.
Your response was totally overboard to my comment. Your flame was unprovoked and undeserved. The fact that I have to run a poll to prove to you my point shows your either hard headed or dishonest. Hopefully the former.
You still don't get it Tie, it was and still is MY OPINION that you did deserve the comment.

Oh and by the way, your little poll doesn't prove squat as it isn't a fair representation of the facts of the matter. For one thing you didn't show in the poll that your little "innocent" comment was addressed directly to me and basically called me a crybaby. That was the first flame lobbed in the thread between the two of us. One of four of your selections would go in my favor, the other three not only went against me but were VERY flame ridden. Now you are starting with the flames toward Dilligaf simply because you refuse to believe that anyone should be allowed to disagree with you and have the audacity to call you on a matter of fact. The truth is you ignored her question to you in the Ethics & Personal Responsibility thread not once but three times. You are accusing her of misrepresenting quotes, I didn't see any that she did misrepresent.
You should be in Egypt because you are the King of Denial.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Dilli,

thats why its sometimes better to run the poll. The majority agrees with the point I was making. therefore the question you need to ask is why you are out of touch with reality. Or do you have an ethics problem?

Also Dilli I'm afraid you misrepresented the quotes on the poll thread. How dissapointing. Here I thought you were going to teach me something about ethics and personal responsibility and yet you willfully misrepresented the quotes in question. It appears I will now have to send you back to reread the information on ethics and personal responsibility. try to learn your material this time. thanks for serving yourself up...:)

Let me clear up what I think happened here.
Yesterday I said, go back and read Ethics and Personal Responsibility.
I should have been more presice in my statement since you like to be vague in your understanding of others posts. I will try to remeber this in the future so you don't get so easily confused.

Go back and read the "Ethics and Personal Responsibility" thread that Dannyboy started. You will then clearly understand why I posted what I posted on 09-02-2008 06:30pm.

I did not willfully misrepresent anything and you stuff your 'dissappointment' and 'serving yourself up'.

Last edited:

tieguy

Banned
Let me clear up what I think happened here.
Yesterday I said, go back and read Ethics and Personal Responsibility.
I should have been more presice in my statement since you like to be vague in your understanding of others posts. I will try to remeber this in the future so you don't get so easily confused.

Go back and read the "Ethics and Personal Responsibility" thread that Dannyboy started. You will then clearly understand why I posted what I posted on 09-02-2008 06:30pm.

I did not willfully misrepresent anything and you stuff your 'dissappointment' and 'serving yourself up'.

Tsk tsk Dilli , dilli you blatantly misrepresented the two quotes. You had trp making my quote and you reversed the order. This is so poorly done that it had to be intentional. You added your own words to the quotes, and misrepresented them in the process. I gave you a chance to admit you got confused but you did not have the integrity to do so. therefore you should definitely go back and read your own reference since you clearly need it. thanks for serving yourself up.

tieguy

Banned
Tie I still feel that I had the right to my opinion that your posts on this thread were BS, it is that plain and simple. You still don't get it Tie, it was and still is MY OPINION that you did deserve the comment.

Trp then I apologize. I never realized you were that stupid. I figured that since you drove a package car that your level of intelligence at least exceeded a head of lettuce. Only a complete idiot who sits around peeing his pants each day could have possibly thought that comment was directed directly at them. Keep trying to justify your stupidity , its entertaining if nothing else.

Trp then I apologize. I never realized you were that stupid. I figured that since you drove a package car that your level of intelligence at least exceeded a head of lettuce. Only a complete idiot who sits around peeing his pants each day could have possibly thought that comment was directed directly at them. Keep trying to justify your stupidity , its entertaining if nothing else.
Directed at me personally or not, they were still BS posts as have been everyone you have made since.
Could you at least come up with some original insults Tie? These used ones are getting rather stale. You used the same ones in your flaming attacks on Griff.
You seem to believe that everyone that disagrees with you to be idiots. The only common factor is you. Put you knee pads back on and scurry off to your bosses office, he may have a very big promotion for you.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Tsk tsk Dilli , dilli you blatantly misrepresented the two quotes. You had trp making my quote and you reversed the order. This is so poorly done that it had to be intentional. You added your own words to the quotes, and misrepresented them in the process. I gave you a chance to admit you got confused but you did not have the integrity to do so. therefore you should definitely go back and read your own reference since you clearly need it. thanks for serving yourself up.
I DID NO SUCH THING. Did you even bother to read TRPL post? Here let me give you the oppurtunity to reread it.

Re: Poll - is this an attack
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf
"One more BS post and that will be three in a row, I know you can do it. Tie, you've lost grip with reality, go out and unload trailers for a day or two and have someone on your backside the whole shift. Then come back an report how much you love the renewed experience." - TRPL (as you can see this is in quotation marks with the author's name)

This is Trpl's response to you Tie, to:Go to a health spa and watch people push theirselves to their maximum abilities. Watch those same people work at ups and you would hear them crying how the boss is working them to hard.:happy-very:

Dilli I noticed you reversed the quotes from their actual order. You list the second quote as trp's it was mine and it was posted first. Trp then responded with the first quote you list. Did you get confused? If you put them in their rightfull order then you have a clear flame in response to a generic comment on attitude.

Oh geeez now you are needing a lesson in reading comprehension. Just to help you out Tie I bolded a very important word in Dilligaf's post that you obviously left out in your hast to take a shot at her. Another hint...the word is TO.

I am done with you and this, you are single-mindedly determined to prove that only you are right and there is nothing that anyone is going to say to change your mind. But let me make this perfectly clear if you ever call me a liar or dishonest or anything that even comes close to being derogatory I will make it my mission to see you are held accountable to your actions.

tieguy

Banned
I am done with you and this, you are single-mindedly determined to prove that only you are right and there is nothing that anyone is going to say to change your mind. But let me make this perfectly clear if you ever call me a liar or dishonest or anything that even comes close to being derogatory I will make it my mission to see you are held accountable to your actions.

Why Dilli are you giving up on your ethics and personal responsibility lesson already. Well I guess its too complicated a concept for you to grasp.

You did try to jump in here and grandstand at my expense and it was my pleasure beating you for it.

You're misrepresentation of those quotes and attributing my quote as belonging to TRP was a real gift.

Don't bring a knife to a gunfight my grandstanding friend. :happy-very: