FMLA rehab vs. UPS rehab

Shmedwinardo

Im waundering if theres a difference between checking into a rehab facility by your own free will and using FMLA vs the UPS forced rehab? Will I still be randomly tested for a year? Will my manager know that I went to rehab? Ive been an inside employee for 3 years now. I don't use while working. Only after work. I want to know everything listed in the contract before i commit to anything. Im afraid of using after checking in and loosing my job. Nobody suspects anything at the moment and I don't want any stigmas to arise/follow me if I do decide to go.

Sincerly,
-box man

Shmedwinardo

Rumor has it... that it would be under FMLA or forced UPS rehab. I havent heard of the leave of absence, although it would definately require some absence! Im still trying to clarify everything. Im going to make an attempt to muster the courage to talk to the steward, but im extremely embarrised about all these shenanagins. The internet has that certain anonnymety to it whereas if i say hey hypothetically speaking here... if i, i mean my friend wanted to go to rehab... haha

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
You could consider an outpatient rehab program. I'd think that Hippa laws would protect your treatment if that was the path you chose. Treatment provided through the FMLA program is handled by a UPS paid 3rd party and is also protected by Hippa. That being said, my feeling is that any time you involve UPS voluntarily there's always some measure of risk of that getting out, albeit a small risk. Even if they did find out, if you're clean at work there's nothing they can do. Good luck whatever you choose and huge props to you for making the effort before it becomes an issue at work.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Rumor has it... that it would be under FMLA or forced UPS rehab. I havent heard of the leave of absence, although it would definately require some absence! Im still trying to clarify everything. Im going to make an attempt to muster the courage to talk to the steward, but im extremely embarrised about all these shenanagins. The internet has that certain anonnymety to it whereas if i say hey hypothetically speaking here... if i, i mean my friend wanted to go to rehab... haha

DO NOT talk to your steward about this as this is way above his/her pay level.

Shmedwinardo

What does BA mean? And NYUPser you dont think talking to the steward would be wise? I thaught they know everything in our contract and whatnot. Regardless, ill prolly have to sign some paperwork about everything (terms of returning) when i do come back? So my manager will prolly have to find out sooner or later regardless if its fmla or forced ups rehab... I just would like 2 know everything thats going to happen along this journey so i can mentally prep myself the best i can lol thanks mc4you2 lifes just getting too crazy to manage with my current habits gota do somthin about it

Shmedwinardo

Hahahaha! "Hey you! porter!... i herd you guys are all potheads... whats your opinion on rehab?" Hahaha i can imagiane the blank dumbfounded look he would give me if i said that hahahahahaha

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
You could consider an outpatient rehab program. I'd think that Hippa laws would protect your treatment if that was the path you chose. Treatment provided through the FMLA program is handled by a UPS paid 3rd party and is also protected by Hippa. That being said, my feeling is that any time you involve UPS voluntarily there's always some measure of risk of that getting out, albeit a small risk. Even if they did find out, if you're clean at work there's nothing they can do. Good luck whatever you choose and huge props to you for making the effort before it becomes an issue at work.

This. If you could find an outpatient, day program that would address your problem and not interfere with your work schedule, that would maybe be the best path for you.

Good luck.