Following edd stop for stop

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Are you confusing EDD and Orion? We are never told our % on trace when we run EDD.

C'mon Upstate. You know as well as I know everything we do shows up on a report somewhere. They may not post it because it isn't a current flave of the week but one conference call can change all that.

oldngray

nowhere special
C'mon Upstate. You know as well as I know everything we do shows up on a report somewhere. They may not post it because it isn't a current flave of the week but one conference call can change all that.

Agreed. There is a daily report of driver's % on trace and usually it's ignored but periodically it will be the flavor of the month and drivers will hear about how bad they are.

morgahorse

Couple weeks ago I followed orion to 100%. The next day I was informed I went 2 hours over and was asked why. After telling the supe that I was trying to work as directed and was glad about my 100%, he asked me if I knew I only had to reach 85%. I asked how am I to know where that point is. He told me to work smart out there and walked away.

OPTION3

Couple weeks ago I followed orion to 100%. The next day I was informed I went 2 hours over and was asked why. After telling the supe that I was trying to work as directed and was glad about my 100%, he asked me if I knew I only had to reach 85%. I asked how am I to know where that point is. He told me to work smart out there and walked away.
They set you up to fail.....You succeeded!

OPTION3

another point you can make....that 15% gave you the 2 hrs over? WOW

Just Lurking

I have been running closest to 100% by direction of my on car supervisor. All of my NDA has been pulled except 2 bulks stops has been pulled. I break trace only for closed between 12 and 1. Lot less stress. Just run in circles all day.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
We had many many wars over this issue in my center over this issue with many grievances filed. If one follows EDD in trace ( a UPS press release said this about EDD-"As a result, the driver now sees each scheduled package delivery displayed on the DIAD in the exact order of delivery needed to meet all the service requirements in the most efficient way." ) we are told to make "smart business decisions" if doing so makes no sense as results in us being Over allowed and has resulted in Warning Letters if we run EDD in trace.

We BURIED them in grievances over this issue,and as a result they had to fix the trace and the dispatch.

A lot of times I get sent out to pull a split off the end of a drivers route. Makes more sense to just run it backwards. Start at the end and deliver to the middle. Makes the job more fun also.

platinum9898

All depends on your route and the way you decipher edd...if something seems more efficient then adjust. Some routes i have to organize all the residentials in my head. The one I'm on now i can follow edd 85-95% of the time its beautiful. You are the one driving out there, no body can discipline you unless you're missing airs/savers for businesses. We all have our own way of running routes. Orion on the other hand i hear is a must...hope i never have to deal with it.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Our dispatches are so screwed up that if you ran in trace you would add twenty miles and a couple of hours to your day.
If I followed ORION 100% I would run out of fuel at 11:00 at night. With stops left. So I turn it off and just get the job done the way I was trained to do it 27 years ago.

OPTION3

If I followed ORION 100% I would run out of fuel at 11:00 at night. With stops left. So I turn it off and just get the job done the way I was trained to do it 27 years ago.
That's all good......here they are progressively disciplining people for not being 85% compliant ....it's coming to Center near you

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
That's all good......here they are progressively disciplining people for not being 85% compliant ....it's coming to Center near you
The discipline isnt valid. It has been threatened here also but as long as we are still held ultimately responsible for any service failures on the route then the final decision on what order to deliver the stops in has to be up to us. Sounds like you have weak representation. I have been on orion for over a year now and I have never followed it and they dont say a word to me.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
The discipline isnt valid. It has been threatened here also but as long as we are still held ultimately responsible for any service failures on the route then the final decision on what order to deliver the stops in has to be up to us. Sounds like you have weak representation. I have been on orion for over a year now and I have never followed it and they dont say a word to me.

They are afraid you'll bring a truckload of your buddies back to the building especially that ornery looking goat.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Lol. We were supposed to be as close to 100% as possible, and it was posted every morning.

My goal was to run the lowest percentage I could. Lowest ever was 39%.
I once ran EDD almost completely backwards when I used to run a pretty linear route and I had a NDA at the apex of the route, so I just ran it from like 70% done back to 1% done then picked up at 71% again. It was a really weird day doing it that way and all my businesses were like what the heck? but I easily saved 40 minutes.