Food Stamps: Big Heart or Big Profits?

wkmac

Her name is friend* America

So this women takes food stamps, extracted dollars (stolen money euphemistically called taxes) taken from local economies that would otherwise generate local economic activity but instead generates scarcity, uses them as capital to purchase a commodity that she in turn sells back into the local economy, generating economic activity and then from this economic activity she extracts a rent (profit). Her crime if you will is to just do what was done to her local economy in the first place as a means to solve a scarcity.

Maybe what we need to rethink is taking the dollars out of the original local economy to start with and then centralize those "stolen" resources to then be doled back out as the centralizing authority sees fit. Why condemn someone's economic resourcefulness in a system that was set up flawed to begin with? Or was this more about the women's muslim attire?

And if the guy shooting the video is a lawyer, his use of several logical fallacies questions his capableness as a good lawyer as oppose to just being a lawyer.

rod

Retired 22 years
So this women takes food stamps, extracted dollars (stolen money euphemistically called taxes) taken from local economies that would otherwise generate local economic activity but instead generates scarcity, uses them as capital to purchase a commodity that she in turn sells back into the local economy, generating economic activity and then from this economic activity she extracts a rent (profit). Her crime if you will is to just do what was done to her local economy in the first place as a means to solve a scarcity.

Maybe what we need to rethink is taking the dollars out of the original local economy to start with and then centralize those "stolen" resources to then be doled back out as the centralizing authority sees fit. Why condemn someone's economic resourcefulness in a system that was set up flawed to begin with? Or was this more about the women's muslim attire?

And if the guy shooting the video is a lawyer, his use of several logical fallacies questions his capableness as a good lawyer as oppose to just being a lawyer.

I'm confused---are you saying its alright for this women to use my tax money to stock her store? I think not. I don't care what race-religion or what ever she is --- its wrong.

wkmac

I'm confused---are you saying its alright for this women to use my tax money to stock her store? I think not. I don't care what race-religion or what ever she is --- its wrong.

I'm not saying it's right, I'm saying she is doing the same thing that the system itself is doing. One form steals and we sit back ignoring and taking it, never daring to call that theft and when one of the herd dares to in effect do the same thing, we get mad and want to call that wrong?

rod

Retired 22 years
I'm not saying it's right, I'm saying she is doing the same thing that the system itself is doing. One form steals and we sit back ignoring and taking it, never daring to call that theft and when one of the herd dares to in effect do the same thing, we get mad and want to call that wrong?

I see where you are coming from. In a perfect world pop (soda) shouldn't even be on the list of eligible items that can be purchased with food stamps and certainly not a whole shopping cart full.

wkmac

I see where you are coming from. In a perfect world pop (soda) shouldn't even be on the list of eligible items that can be purchased with food stamps and certainly not a whole shopping cart full.

Regardless of the imperfections of the world, the system itself is flawed and uses theft to achieve an ends. Then we get upset when others just rinse and repeat the same process.

Sportello

And yet you don't have a problem with Trump.

Pennies to Franklins.

wkmac

Have you worked out a perfect system yet?

I don't believe in a single perfect system. Human beings are too complex and thus the futility of trying to centralize them.
The more decentralized and the less top down would be a good start.