Food

moreluck

golden ticket member
bfb562035b6c5be2af5f14e988cd8c98.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
Did you know.....(Julia Child)
As a research assistant in the Secret Intelligence division, she typed 10,000 names on white note cards to keep track of officers. For a year, she worked at the OSS Emergency Rescue Equipment Section (ERES) in Washington, D.C. as a file clerk and then as an assistant to developers of a shark repellent needed to ensure that sharks would not explode ordnance targeting German U-boats. In 1944 she was posted to Kandy, Ceylon (now Sri Lanka), where her responsibilities included "registering, cataloging and channeling a great volume of highly classified communications" for the OSS's clandestine stations in Asia. She was later posted to China, where she received the Emblem of Meritorious Civilian Service as head of the Registry of the OSS Secretariat. For her service, Child received an award that cited her many virtues, including her "drive and inherent cheerfulness." As with other OSS records, her file was declassified in 2008, and, unlike other files, her complete file is available online.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I made a Baby Dutchman Pancake for breakfast....I like it sprinkled with powdered sugar......some like it with syrup or berries. Good stuff and easy.

th

Dutch Baby

There is no sugar in them, and I like mine sprinkled heavily with powdered sugar. Some like them with syrup or fruit like strawberries or cinnamon apple slices. They need something sugary to go with them. Blueberries work too.

Dutch Baby Pancake

3 Tbls butter
4 eggs
1 cup milk
I cup flour

Place butter in 9X13 non stick pan and set it in a 425 degree oven. While the butter melts, mix the eggs at high speed in the blender for one minute. With the blender still running, slowly add the milk, and then the flour, continuing to blend for 30 seconds after everything has been added.

Remove pan from oven and pour in the egg mixture. Bake 'til puffy and golden brown and 'set' 20-25 mins

moreluck

golden ticket member
For supper, I am making John Legend's Macaroni & Cheese....if it turns out lousy, I won't listen to his music !!

th

John Legend's Macaroni and Cheese