For the guys that been here 10 years plus

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
A lot of the drivers on this forum are so high off their own supply that they literally can not conceive of the notion that a part time loader may have have a full time career outside of UPS. Much easier to stereotype all long term inside employees as lazy junkies.

For me personally, the few hours a night slinging boxes around after my other job is worth the insurance for me and my family. Have been doing it for years now.

A lot of guys do that here at my hub.

A lot of the drivers on this forum are so high off their own supply that they literally can not conceive of the notion that a part time loader may have have a full time career outside of UPS. Much easier to stereotype all long term inside employees as lazy junkies.

For me personally, the few hours a night slinging boxes around after my other job is worth the insurance for me and my family. Have been doing it for years now.
And why have you not when I driving to make the big bucks for your family?

542thruNthru

I agree brother. A lot of people around here up on their high horses. Except for @Big Arrow Down...D he's on a small pony.

Whereistheunion

Yeah that’s what keeps me going. I enjoy part time but wouldn’t mind combo. Have no interest in driving. Everything just long wait at ups.
Don't won't to kill the dream, but I would seriously question how long will 22.3 inside jobs will be around. We know for 2yrs certainly it's a 1 line item in (NMA) the language says 22.3 will not be reduced. Hang in there, our next contract will set the precedent for our future, however if you get a 22.3 opportunity go for it.

Whereistheunion

How did you stay motivated? I plan on staying, but you know ups sucks the soul out of you. Been here for a year.
I spent 16yrs part-time working the PM shift 5-9, I've worked every single part time position this company has. Walked the picket line in 1997 and been a Full-time( bid) pkg car driver for 10yrs. Point being, I know what I'm talking about.

Undertow

I dislike what the company has become, but I do still like my job. And I have too many years in, too close to retirement, to walk away now. So I just ignore as much of the management BS as I can, and take it one stop at a time.
A lot of us approach it the same way. It's frustrating to see the same problems seemingly on repeat most days of the week never even acknowledged much less addressed in some manner because the management team is constantly chasing a set of useless metrics that are largely irrelevant when contrasted against the needs of the moment, but there's really nothing an hourly can do to change that dysfunctional dynamic.

I just come in, consult with the drivers on the areas around mine, and we do our best to help each other out the best we can. It's easier when the drivers like and trust one another for sure.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
I’m just here for the fashion. You should see how many looks I get from the ladies when I come strolling in in my browns. 😉

And the money. That helps too.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
How did you stay motivated? I plan on staying, but you know ups sucks the soul out of you. Been here for a year.
Just think of yourself as an independent business compensated by UPS
The more you focus on yourself the easier it will become
UPS can't suck your soul if you won't let it

takesteady

I've actually been threatened before by a sup that he would it make it his personal mission that I never become a driver. I couldn't help but laugh in his face. He looked genuinely flabbergasted, it was so funny. Management WILL try to hold it over insiders employees to get them in line.

Not Rushin’

You need to think of the life you’re able to provide for your family. They own us for 5 days, but enjoy your your weekends and vacations. Today we have 9.5 protection, so it’s never been better.

ManInBrown

It only sucks the soul out of you, if you allow it. I loved package. I thought it was hilarious when they tried to intimidate or harass me. Do the job the right way, don’t take shortcuts and you’re bulletproof. There is absolutely nothing to stress over. It’s cardboard. Go to work everyday and give them a fair day’s work.

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
I actually like it here. Sure, some of the bs gets on my nerves, but that pays 6 figures so what am I mad at! I love driving, they pay me to utilize my skills. The job is fun and challenging. Making order out of chaos, delivering excellence to my customers, paid to work out. I feel appreciated on my route, friends made, every day is an adventure. Union protection, excellent benefits, PTO, I'm living good. This job has bettered not only my life but my families and friends too. And all I gotta do is drive this truck and deliver packages and y'all gonna pay me what? Say no more!