For the guys that been here 10 years plus

Spanky250

How did you stay motivated? I plan on staying, but you know ups sucks the soul out of you. Been here for a year.

I dislike what the company has become, but I do still like my job. And I have too many years in, too close to retirement, to walk away now. So I just ignore as much of the management BS as I can, and take it one stop at a time.

rod

Retired 22 years
true but I enjoy the warehouse work for the most part. Driving seems way tougher. Plus having to deal with customers. No thanks.
From what I see you no longer have to deal with customers. Hit and run at every stop- business and residential. Throw it over a fence - stuff it in a mail box - launch it from 30 feet away - just mark it "Emergency Conditions" or "Covid" without even making a delivery attempt. Anything goes to meet Carols numbers.

myback

Good $$$, hot receptionists, weekends off, full medical/dental/vision, sick pay, 8weeks paid vacation, stay active, fit and young. Yeah, this job really sucks, it might not be for you.

ManInBrown

I have no idea what position you hold at UPS, FT or PT but it only sucks the soul out of you because you allow it to. Before I came to feeders and I was in package it was honestly the easiest, most care free job I ever had. It’s delivering cardboard. Once you leave the building it was fresh air and exercise every day. I loved it. Feeders is definitely going to allow me to retire in a physically better condition. But I actually enjoyed package even more than I enjoy feeder. I showed up every day in package without a care in the world. UPS is what you make of it. It’s not for everybody.

Zurion

I have no idea what position you hold at UPS, FT or PT but it only sucks the soul out of you because you allow it to. Before I came to feeders and I was in package it was honestly the easiest, most care free job I ever had. It’s delivering cardboard. Once you leave the building it was fresh air and exercise every day. I loved it. Feeders is definitely going to allow me to retire in a physically better condition. But I actually enjoyed package even more than I enjoy feeder. I showed up every day in package without a care in the world. UPS is what you make of it. It’s not for everybody.
This is the attitude I try to have. Take it all in stride and going one street at a time, the day flies by

Cowboy Mac

Just take it one package at a time. Focus on being as safe as you can and going the extra mile for your customers. The weeks will pass by like days.

Ghost in the Darkness

I still like the job. Remind yourself everyday "you are paid to exercise". Give a good effort everyday... disregard their numbers. Safety first... treat your customers right... make friends on your route.
The first 10-15ish mins of everyday are the worst... give management hell if you need to or avoid them all together. Use the the friend/u button for their dumb messages... and ignore their phone calls. They get the message soon enough. They leave me alone because it takes very little to set me off. I have no respect for lying... lazy... fat pos that they are. There isn't much they can do because I do the job the right way.