Forbes Gives Bad News For UPS

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
I absolutely screamed at one a couple months ago. :censored2: was going every bit of 50 mph down my street. Kids play on it all the time.
Dude it’s not easy to get me angry but that scenario makes me see red. Like I would have to stop myself from ripping him out of the car if I got the chance. And after he blows by, I won’t contact Amazon to file a complaint; I will remember the last few digits of the license plate and call the cops

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
Dude it’s not easy to get me angry but that scenario makes me see red. Like I would have to stop myself from ripping him out of the car if I got the chance. And after he blows by, I won’t contact Amazon to file a complaint; I will remember the last few digits of the license plate and call the cops
They’re idiots man. There’s enough stupidity that happens around here, last thing that needs to happen is. Kid getting hit

El Correcto

god is dead
The side of that “third party’s” van says PRIME and has an amazon logo...

upload_2019-9-26_22-46-55.jpeg

quad decade guy

What scares me more than anything are those 20,000 delivery vans. You know Amazon is going to fill every one of those with reckless and distracted idiots that have almost nothing to lose. The type that will do a 12 point U-turn on a busy street instead of just driving around the block.

Called in a complaint last week on the Amazon driver at my house. They did the 12 point turnaround in my driveway(I have a long driveway) and was going so fast out of the driveway they left rubber tracks.

An Indian sounding woman answered the phone and I got switched to someone else for a few questions.

I told them to never use my driveway again. If that's not possible, take the pkg. back. We'll see. Every delivery I see in my neighborhood(rural, long driveways "relatively"), Amazon drivers pull in nose first, all the way, then try to turn around, even in the grass to avoid the long back. I have never seen one back first. Never.

ThePackageDeli

Amazon spends a quarter of UPS's total gross revenue on shipping. Extremely naive to think they can't build a full delivery network themselves....as long as they have wall streets backing. This isn't a DHL type issue. DHL had to stir up business. Amazon is their own best customer. As long as the post office and UPS handles whatever volume they get, Amazon can continue to build the network and let UPS/USPS pick up the over flow. Exactly what they did with cloud service. Look up cloud computing and Amazon.

We are helping them and giving them the ability to build their delivery network. Once the system is large enough and efficient enough, say goodbye to amazon boxes and other companies packages....amazon will be delivering it.

FEDEX made the right call. Take the pain now and cut them off. UPS, as we all know only cares about today, not tomorrow. UPS worried about this quarter only.
Amazonvsups.jpg

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Today ORION had me skip two stops that I was already parked in front of. I literally put my foot on the curb in front of them as I stepped out of the passenger side before walking around to deliver across the street. This was after I had already finished air.

Yeah....UPS is set up for success and will be the kings of the parcel industry for decades to come.
It does that to make sure you use that road later.

Overpaid Union Thug

It does that to make sure you use that road later.
It had already took me through an entire street of stops to get there. As well as the rest of the neighborhood that only has one way in and out. My last NDA was in the very back of it. There was no logical reason to have to come back to that neighborhood. I was already there! Yep, UPS is sinking ship.

Overpaid Union Thug

Amazon spends a quarter of UPS's total gross revenue on shipping. Extremely naive to think they can't build a full delivery network themselves....as long as they have wall streets backing. This isn't a DHL type issue. DHL had to stir up business. Amazon is their own best customer. As long as the post office and UPS handles whatever volume they get, Amazon can continue to build the network and let UPS/USPS pick up the over flow. Exactly what they did with cloud service. Look up cloud computing and Amazon.

We are helping them and giving them the ability to build their delivery network. Once the system is large enough and efficient enough, say goodbye to amazon boxes and other companies packages....amazon will be delivering it.

FEDEX made the right call. Take the pain now and cut them off. UPS, as we all know only cares about today, not tomorrow. UPS worried about this quarter only.

I think corporate is so out of touch with reality it blinds them to these facts. That and the attitude that we’ve been around for over 100 years so other shippers have to stick with us. As if any of them actually gives a **ck. The cold hard facts are that they are slowly taking over and we are feeding them the rope they will hang us with.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I'm noticing the suits are not mentioning Orion trace at all. It really fell off the radar.

Overpaid Union Thug

I'm noticing the suits are not mentioning Orion trace at all. It really fell off the radar.
It doesn’t take much to satisfy 85%. I ran RDO for two years straight (when we still had that option) and was normally well over their number. Most centers are probably hitting their trace percentages. I think the lower level management has finally accepted the fact that it doesn’t work but corporate still thinks it can with a few more “updates.”