Forced 1hr lunch

wayfair

swollen member
It says up to a hr . They are taking away time with my family doing this. Its all about control they think we will skip our breaks. Ups gives zero sh@ts about us or our family.

you took the job knowing you'd be away from family... take your hour lunch and enjoy it!!!

ManInBrown

My favorite hour of the working day. Kick back in a nice A/C deli and relax for an hour. If they told us tomorrow we didn't have to take meal anymore, if we didn't want to, I still would take an hour.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
I do not have an issue with taking a lunch, I have an issue with management enforcing the lunch must be completed by 3 rant they have been on. I personally like to take my lunch 40 to an hour before my first pick up and some routes I cover pickups do not start till 3:30 and 4 pm.
IMO, the contract should mirror the federal regulation for breaks, not the very tight window that it currently has

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Im sorry I should have known you jerks would be worthless
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1432171010.086239.jpg

box_beeyotch

You should take an hour everyday. Never ever ever skip it and put an hour in your board without taking. Sometimes they tell us here everyone can take a 10 min lunch today, in which case I still take an hour but only record 10 min.

It doesn't matter what the supplement says, if your Sup or center manager instructs you to do something and you do not do it you can be disciplined for not following instructions. Failure to Follow is the reason on the warning letter.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
I liked it before when we got the option because whoever doesn't mind being on company time for a half an hour longer can take their hour lunch, and I can take my 30 minute lunch since I prefer to be off sooner. Now the DM in our hub is trying to force an hour on everyone, thankfully I still take a half an hour and there's been no issues. Still, I see folks in this thread giving the OP all kinds of crap because he'd rather take half an hour instead of an hour. What's the big deal?