Forced 1hr lunch

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

I liked it before when we got the option because whoever doesn't mind being on company time for a half an hour longer can take their hour lunch, and I can take my 30 minute lunch since I prefer to be off sooner. Now the DM in our hub is trying to force an hour on everyone, thankfully I still take a half an hour and there's been no issues. Still, I see folks in this thread giving the OP all kinds of crap because he'd rather take half an hour instead of an hour. What's the big deal?
The op will be back in a few months wondering why he's gettting a half hour more work then everyone who takes an hour lunch and claim that's not fair

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Sounds delicious. Outside of the yogurt. Never could eat that on car. Set heavy on me
I got some nasty driveways on my new route I walk, I need light fruits and hydration, nothing greasy or heavy.

image.jpg

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Another one of my favs, previous driver would sometimes drive up them, sometimes the truck wouldn't even be able to make the incline, transmission wouldn't make it up.
image.jpg

image.jpg

S

selfcancelsignal

Just take your GD breaks & quit running. I did a route today that usually goes out w/ 120-130 & had 170. Garbage! Just 'cause the DB that has been doing it called in sick, & clearly he runs & doesn't take his breaks if they put that much on this route.

fedex_rtd

We got a new division manager in our building who tried to force the hour lunch on us as well. When scores of drivers protested in the PCM, he then said to get authorization from the center manager to take half an hour. So many people then marched over to the center manager that he refused to see anyone about it. So I decided to still take a half an hour and if they wanted to bring me in the office I would then discuss it in front of a shop steward. 2 months of half hour lunches and not a word, so I think I'm good. Besides, CA state law requires only a half an hour lunch before the 5th hour so I'll adhere to that.

I agree totally with your post though, it's like they don't care about the time we get to spend with our family. We work long hours as is, now they want to try to force us to be out even later and get even less time?

Interesting that you are in California. First off I work for FedEx Express here in California as a RTD...Feeder driver in UPS terms. Just within the last few months our location has been freaking out about the 1 hour break, trying to force us to take a full hour, when the state law is very clear that if you signed a waiver you could work up to 12 hours on a half hour break.

I wonder what the push is?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Does the D.O.T have any regulations about commercial Drivers having to take a lunch?

Unless you are local, making TDP/CPU pickups, you cannot drive after being on duty for 8 hours without taking a 30 minute rest period (meal).

The contract still applies. In the Central, we must take a 30 minute unpaid meal between the 3rd and 5th hour.

There are situations that if you take your meal too soon in feeders, and work a long day, you are forced to take another 30 minute meal per DOT regulations.