Forced 1hr lunch

Back first

An hour during peak? Not happening. If I start at 8:00 AM and work 13 hours and 59 minutes, an hour lunch means I don't punch out until 11:00 PM. I have no interest in knocking on doors and delivering packages at 10:30 at night, plus if I punch out at 11:00 PM I cant clock on again until 9:00 AM the following day....which puts me out on the route an hour later.....which means I could be out until midnight if I take a full hour.

We have the option of taking half an hour here, and during peak I don't take a lunch at all. I enter "lunch--12:00-12:00" in the DIAD so that I am being honest and being paid for all hours worked. It is what it is.
Wow everyone has a
Some type of excuse why they can't take a lunch. I am calling BS working til 11 during peak. I have been driving 16 years and have never worked til 10. Take lunch 4-5 hour even during peak and stop making excuses why you can't take lunch.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Wow everyone has a
Some type of excuse why they can't take a lunch. I am calling BS working til 11 during peak. I have been driving 16 years and have never worked til 10. Take lunch 4-5 hour even during peak and stop making excuses why you can't take lunch.
Friday, December 19th 2014. I brought 22 stops back and clocked out at 10:04 PM in order to keep from running out of DOT hours. We had drivers out until midnight that day. The previous evening I clocked out at 10:30.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1432760692.939099.jpg

soberups

you were over-dispatched by boneheads who were home safe and sound with their families, and you skipped a meal. I would have brought back 55.
It was peak season. Anything I brought back at night would simply get loaded in over the top of the following day's dispatch. After a couple of days those missed stops will start "snowballing" and instead of bringing 20 or 30 back it becomes 100 or 200. My personal record for missed stops stands at about 200, that I brought back at midnight during peak season in 1989. I don't ever want that to happen again.

soberups

Still should of taken your lunch. You are only helping UPS and hurting yourself.
How so? I am being paid for all hours worked, and accurately entering my breaks and lunch (none) in the DIAD. I could see your point if I was working off of the clock, but I'm not.

soberups

..."If you would stop wasting so much time feeding every stray in a 3 county area you wouldn't have 22 missed packages"...
Right.

I am bringing 22 missed stops back, eating my lunch off of the dashboard while I sort packages, and getting home at 10:30 at night after my wife has already gone to bed....all because I felt like wasting time feeding dogs. NOT.