Forced 1hr lunch

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Even if you are local you still have to take the 30 minute meal before 8 hours, you just are not required to log it as if you're local you're not required to run a log book.

Incorrect.

The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration has released guidance on break requirements for short-haul commercial truck drivers who unintentionally exceed time or distance driving limits.

Current hours-of-service regulations require non-exempt long-haul truck drivers to break for 30 minutes after eight hours of continuous on-duty time. Short-haul drivers are exempt if they only operate up to a maximum 12 continuous hours per duty day and drive within a radius of 100 air miles. Short-haul drivers who do not require a commercial driver’s license to operate also qualify for the exemption if they drive only within a radius of 150 air miles.

RealPerson

Anybody else being forced to take a hr lunch everyday? Can they do this ? I got called in the office because i took a half hr. So are they gonna tell me where to eat next.

What Supplement are you under?
Are you a Driver or 223
I believe Central can force even more than one hour if I remember right. not 100% sure since it doesn't effect me, but yeah best read up!

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Same and most of our senior guys and in general will not touch a package during break time. If we're not being paid were not working
Im not talking about putting in a 60 min lunch in the diad and taking 30...I'm talking about putting 30 min in the diad and taking 30 min. Not talking about touching packages on lunch.

BostonBo

If u take no lunch, a 30 minute lunch, or a 60 minute lunch, record it properly and DO NOT touch a solitary package during your lunch break.

UT Vols

Why does taking your lunch between hours 4-6 so important? There's one right I cover where my PU's pack my truck so I take lunch around 530. What's the problem?

Why does taking your lunch between hours 4-6 so important? There's one right I cover where my PU's pack my truck so I take lunch around 530. What's the problem?
So you are saying you would have missed pickups if you took your lunch between the 4th and 6th hours? You just answered your own question. You are allowing UPS to have too much work on that route by taking lunch at the end of the day.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I usually take 40 minutes of lunch around 12-1pm, and another 30 (20+10) around 3-4pm. One full hour is far too long for me.

And taking lunch at 5:30? Forget it. Those pickups would be a mess if I were covering that route, regardless of what the regular driver does.

UT Vols

So you are saying you would have missed pickups if you took your lunch between the 4th and 6th hours? You just answered your own question. You are allowing UPS to have too much work on that route by taking lunch at the end of the day.

Huh no. I try to clear as much of the truck as I can before PU cause they fill the truck. Take lunch after PU than finish resi. Either way you're taking your lunch.

UT Vols

That means there is too much work on the truck

It's just a crapload of buisness and bulk pickups. There's not too much resi which I do after my lunch when I'm covering that route. I still have stops left after lunch even when I take it later so what's the problem?