Forced 6th day

Gusdriver

I work as a cover driver for socal empire hub they are forcing me to work saturdays as my 6th day can they do that or do they have to ask me first ? They don’t ask they just have my name on the list all the time. Can you grievance them ? I just don’t want to deal with retaliation. Started cover driving in October or November of 2021

I work as a cover driver for socal empire hub they are forcing me to work saturdays as my 6th day can they do that or do they have to ask me first ? They don’t ask they just have my name on the list all the time. Can you grievance them ? I just don’t want to deal with retaliation. Started cover driving in October or November of 2021
You're the bottom of the list so more likely you have to work.

Bank the money now so when time gets slow and you're only working a couple days a week you will have some extra money

542thruNthru

What are they paying you on your 6th punch?

Hot Carl

It depends on your local/supplemental language, but the answer is probably yes. I'm an RPCD, but I'm near the bottom of the seniority list so I've been a Monday-Saturday driver most of the last year.

Really cracked me up last peak when the guys at the top half of the list started whining and bitching about having to come in all six days for maybe a month.

Dr.Brownz

You can only work 60 hours in a week so just run out of hours in the first five days. UPS is so poorly run no one will even notice till half way through the day Friday

So I would start by speaking to a union steward and checking the union agreement. More than likely as a "cover driver" you do in fact need to work that day. BUT the union agreements vary from state to state so double check that. For my union agreement you would have to work saturdays but cover drivers are meant to be temporary replacements and under no circumstances to be used to circumvent hiring full-time drivers. Cover drivers cover whatever the person they are covering for had to work, but as being considered a part-time worker (fellow Arizona UPS workers correct me if I am wrong) you still get paid time and a half for your sixth day. Now keep in mind this is Arizona so again you need to speak to your union stewards and educate yourself on the specifics of the union agreement that covers your state.

mcsketcher

..you’ll never be a rpcd …
✊🧔‍♂️
lol Wouldn’t surprise me. They say they want 27-30 deliveries per hour via a retarded “solution” and a load and sort that might as well be done by my 3yo son. Right now I can’t see ever getting there. But we’ll see how much of the BS they take back once I mostly can’t do it.

I’m just enjoying the OT till they say I don’t qualify or they shut up and let me in anyway. Don’t really care at this point.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
lol Wouldn’t surprise me. They say they want 27-30 deliveries per hour via a retarded “solution” and a load and sort that might as well be done by my 3yo son. Right now I can’t see ever getting there. But we’ll see how much of the BS they take back once I mostly can’t do it.

I’m just enjoying the OT till they say I don’t qualify or they shut up and let me in anyway. Don’t really care at this point.
Lol 27-30 that’s like @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U runner numbers
🧔‍♂️✊

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

You’re toast with that attitude