Forced lunch on Saturday??

brownelf

Consider it a lesson, never ever respond to a diad message while driving between stops. How fast were you going when you pulled that board and read the message? Lucky for you it only cost you an hour of your time for lunch you didn't want.

Last edited:

Utahloader

You want to help out the team so that's what you did. You took a lunch. What kind of idiot thinks they would be paid for a UNPAID lunch.

Grow a set and you won't come here asking idiot questions. @sandwich gave you the best advice and you act like a child so now you'll be treated like one. I think I hear your sup calling. You better answer.
Thanks for the help! You sure know your stuff! Good lord, can't ever rely on a senior driver. Lazy, non working, loophole finding, bums.

Ghost in the Darkness

You are getting jerked around. I would have went and helped another driver or fueled up or reattemped any not ins. Take your break everytime you work and if they force you to take lunch on a Saturday then make it 8 hours. Learn how to play the game. I work for a living, those idiots went into management to find a place to hide from work.

542thruNthru

Lol, I bet everyone at your building must love you and your great work ethic.

And you would be right.
costanza-wink.gif

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Our building is doing mandatory Saturdays, last Saturday I was done by 12, on my last delivery I was given a pickup in my board, I went to the stop and they told me the pickups would not be ready for another hour. I called the building and told them, they said they would switch it to another driver and for me to just head in. Soon as I hit the highway a message came in my board to take a lunch, and wait for the pickup. I called my Sup and he told me to take the lunch, even when I told him I would rather come in. (Our Saturdays are straight time and they never let anyone take a lunch.) So I figured I would take the lunch to help their numbers, that's fine with me as long as I get paid for it. Last night I looked at my time card and they took the hour lunch out of my pay. I asked why and their response was "Well you did take the lunch." (Like I had a option..) anyone have any similar issues?? Anything in that good book that can help me out?
what did you end up eating

542thruNthru

Yeah, because you are useless. Just killing the company along with the union. You are the welfare of UPS. Congrats.

Hes useless because he's not spineless? How are you playing both sides. You thought your management team would pay you for taking a lunch. Then they told you tough cookies! Lol

You're delusional, you're not playing any sides. Your just bending over and taking it up the rear and thinking you're managements favorite. You're like a side piece that doesn't realize you're only good for one thing. Getting :censored2:ed lol.

Utahloader

Listen to us guys that have been around for a while. This place will bend you.over every chance they get.
Been working here since 2013 and I do agree. If you let it. Hence why I'm fighting this and why I'm actually winning. I have never filed, just did tonight. Talked to everyone and from what I gathered they can't tell me when to take a lunch. Sooo, to all those saying I'm an "idiot" can kiss it. I'm gonna get my hour and then some. I just don't get why everyone is so hostile lol. We all are supposed to be supporting each other.. Then the same ones wanna whine and wonder why the union is split like it is.