Forced lunch on Saturday??

Utahloader

Our building is doing mandatory Saturdays, last Saturday I was done by 12, on my last delivery I was given a pickup in my board, I went to the stop and they told me the pickups would not be ready for another hour. I called the building and told them, they said they would switch it to another driver and for me to just head in. Soon as I hit the highway a message came in my board to take a lunch, and wait for the pickup. I called my Sup and he told me to take the lunch, even when I told him I would rather come in. (Our Saturdays are straight time and they never let anyone take a lunch.) So I figured I would take the lunch to help their numbers, that's fine with me as long as I get paid for it. Last night I looked at my time card and they took the hour lunch out of my pay. I asked why and their response was "Well you did take the lunch." (Like I had a option..) anyone have any similar issues?? Anything in that good book that can help me out?

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Our building is doing mandatory Saturdays, last Saturday I was done by 12, on my last delivery I was given a pickup in my board, I went to the stop and they told me the pickups would not be ready for another hour. I called the building and told them, they said they would switch it to another driver and for me to just head in. Soon as I hit the highway a message came in my board to take a lunch, and wait for the pickup. I called my Sup and he told me to take the lunch, even when I told him I would rather come in. (Our Saturdays are straight time and they never let anyone take a lunch.) So I figured I would take the lunch to help their numbers, that's fine with me as long as I get paid for it. Last night I looked at my time card and they took the hour lunch out of my pay. I asked why and their response was "Well you did take the lunch." (Like I had a option..) anyone have any similar issues?? Anything in that good book that can help me out?
Step 1: block your supervisors number. Stop using your phone. All it does is make their job easier.

Step 2: work as directed

Step 3: you dont have to take a lunch unless your going to work over 6 hours. At least that's how it is here. Know the rules of where you work.

Utahloader

Step 1: block your supervisors number. Stop using your phone. All it does is make their job easier.

Step 2: work as directed

Step 3: you dont have to take a lunch unless your going to work over 6 hours. At least that's how it is here. Know the rules of where you work.
I actually like helping out the team, that would require having my sups number. I understand I don't HAVE to. I WANT to. Making their job easier is not always a bad thing. I'm pretty good with rules, but I'm also a young driver with only a couple years in. I'm not asking for a lecture, I'm asking for help. If you can't help me, keep it moving.

KOG72

I’m full of it
I actually like helping out the team, that would require having my sups number. I understand I don't HAVE to. I WANT to. Making their job easier is not always a bad thing. I'm pretty good with rules, but I'm also a young driver with only a couple years in. I'm not asking for a lecture, I'm asking for help. If you can't help me, keep it moving.
If you put an hour lunch in the board they are gonna take it out.If you stopped for an hour and did not work they could get you for stealing time.

Siveriano

or you can hit them with " I wanted to code 5 but now that you are making me take an hour lunch im requesting my 8 guarantee.
Also if you come back to the building b4 your 8 hours and they send you back out, they have to pay you 1.5x for the remaining time.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Take a lunch everyday
if you want to be a "team player" you are too weak to help yourself. So might as well just jump when they say jump.

542thruNthru

You want to help out the team so that's what you did. You took a lunch. What kind of idiot thinks they would be paid for a UNPAID lunch.

Grow a set and you won't come here asking idiot questions. @sandwich gave you the best advice and you act like a child so now you'll be treated like one. I think I hear your sup calling. You better answer.