Forced lunches

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by 1989NW, Apr 14, 2020.

1. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Well-Known Member

Mandatory/forced----difference?

2. UPSER1987

UPSER1987 Active Member

If more than 2 drivers meet, consider that a nursery.

3. Boywondr

Boywondr The truth never changes.

They meet everyday thanks to management's brainchild called Orion. Sometimes 3 of them on the same street. Troll.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  4. fishtm2001

fishtm2001 Active Member

In my building it was mandatory to put the time in your board. There were lots who never actually took it. I used to tell them "don't get hurt or have an incident during that time".

5. Boywondr

It shows up in the office computer when deliveries are being made while the driver is coded out to lunch.
    The management is complicit in a DOT violation if it is reported to PUCO because they have knowledge of the illegal activity and fail to address the dishonest reporting of on road activity.

The driver may not be held to the mandatory lunch break rule due to the amount of miles they drive (as the crow flies) but they are held to accurate recording of hours of service rules in the ELD.

Sounds like a good whistleblower charge.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    Last edited: May 10, 2020
  6. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

PCM??? That is so 2019.

7. Bluefootedoobie

Bluefootedoobie Damage Inc.

So if you’re at a pickup can you just sit there wait for it to be over while still being on the clock?

8. 11.19igrad

11.19igrad Member

wtf

9. 11.19igrad

11.19igrad Member

jeez

10. Falsification of records

11. Whither

Whither Scofflaw

Did it all the time on a 2 trip route I used to cover with sups' blessings. 2nd trip was in a bulk van, heavy pickup run, so they can't really send you to take 20 resis from someone. No better time to study the contract than when you're on the payroll.

12. Poop Head

Poop Head Lovin' every minute of it!

2nd lunch is the best lunch

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. PASinterference

PASinterference Yes, I know I'm working late.

But the center manager might spank me for being "overallowed ".

14. Boywondr

Yep. Who sent you there? Do you control the customer's employee schedule and efficiency? Did you get there during the allotted and scheduled time posted in the diad board?

If so, you're good to go.

Btw...
    the company does not control the world.
    If they try to "force" customer's shipping departments to adhere to ups's schedule they may find out who pays whose bills. Those days are long gone.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. Analbumcover

Analbumcover ControlPkgs

Lol that sounds a lot like what I did on my new route :D Honestly I'm pretty young myself but I don't get how these young guys can blast through their route without taking an hour to refuel and recharge. Nutrition and rest is important. If I gave up my full hour lunch every day I'd be dead within a month. Besides, giving up my lunch for 3 weeks is the equivalent of my utilities bill. Can you really afford it? (I have a young family as well.)

16. Boywondr

You are correct. When I took my whole lunch break at the appropriate time I had a much better PM and my attitude was more positive.
    We are not machines.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  17. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

Lunch or no lunch....I get paid the same.

18. Bluefootedoobie

Bluefootedoobie Damage Inc.

It seems if you don’t take a 10-20 min lunch, you’re given 50 extra stops; no matter what route you’re on. They :censored2: you over.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  19. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Well-Known Member

We were required to take 45 but I would have been content with 30. IMO 60 is too long and I would feel sluggish, not refreshed, to finish my day.

20. Analbumcover

Analbumcover ControlPkgs

I've seen what happens to the guys who skip their 60 mins. I'm amazed how many stops dispatch tries to stuff into that free hour.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List