Forced lunches

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by 1989NW, Apr 14, 2020.

1. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Well-Known Member

If I happened to have a light day I would send an ODS letting them know that I could help if needed. Sometimes they would send me to help someone and other times they would say that they were all set. The "all set" days meant a little longer lunch at home. :)

The "all set" days were few and far between.

2. Boywondr

Boywondr The truth never changes.

I cannot tell somebody to slow down. You get fired for that.
    All I'm saying to the snake from New York is that we have a contract that we benefit from and that we need to work by. We're not Union Joes because we do what we promise. He just a scab that wore a uniform.
    Who cares? You benefited from union negotiated cbas all those years and then you turn around and degrade people who work according to the contract that was negotiated for them.
    Its obvious that you have no life other than living on here to degrade others to lift yourself up. You were just a management wannabe that paid union dues.

3. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

The drivers that skip their lunch or wait until they’ve finished commercial stops are the same type of drivers that go into “peak mode” during peak.....

COWARDS

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. UpstateNYUPSer

We would have drivers who would wait to have their meal break until they were all done for the day. 4-6 of them would meet at a gas station/convenience story about 2 miles from the building to take their breaks sometime between 6-7:30 pm.

5. Poop Head

Poop Head Lovin' every minute of it!

I bet people thought they were running a nursery, with all the whining going on

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  6. babboo25

babboo25 Well-Known Member

Yea I agree with you on that, I just don’t agree with forcing drivers to take lunch.

7. PASinterference

PASinterference Yes, I know I'm working late.

If I'm light, I call the guys in my loop to see if they need help. They do the same. Not everyone has the screw you attitude.
    The point I was trying to make with the lunch skippers is, lets say a driver only takes 15 minutes of lunch but codes 1 hour. Then Mr lunch skipper moves off that route and a driver who takes their hour lunch gets that route. The guy that is doing it by the book is now .75 more overallowed that the lunch skipper and is doing nothing wrong but being honest. This driver is viewed as a slacker and will get unnecessary harassment from management. I'm done trying to explain this to you.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

You are correct...driver should be fired for dishonesty. If you don’t take a lunch you should not put one in the board.

9. PASinterference

Hell, I'm in the southern. So it must not be very hard to get it. Im surprised we dont have to pay to park in the parking lot.

10. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

People who skip their lunch....

upload_2020-5-9_20-12-28.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. UPSER1987

UPSER1987 Active Member

Most of these guys were probably bullied in school, are probably beat up by wives at home and get another beat down at work and don’t say :censored2:. This is just a way to feel like a big guy.

12. Poop Head

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhh

13. Poop Head

Management knows who the skippers/cheaters are.

14. Boywondr

Yep. When they call off they get coded as scheduled off and the honest Teamsters who dont break the contract get coded as called in.
    We werent talking about management we were talking about drivers who break their backs to support management's worthless salaries.

15. Boywondr

In the red dirt?

16. Boywondr

DOT violation.

17. PASinterference

Naw we got some of them there gravels.

18. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

Nothing like handing the company a free $5000 a year. And what state do you work that no lunch needs to be taken? Do you also search for misloads in the morning before the PCM off the clock.

19. Jumpin Jack Flash

Jumpin Jack Flash Active Member

Let it be noted that UPS can’t force you to take a lunch. You can always quit and go home. This is America. Very simple. A better word is mandatory lunch.

20. UpstateNYUPSer

There were two tables that the drivers would basically take over while they were there.