Forced lunches

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Not all areas deduct 30 minutes, here they only take out what you put in, most put in 10-15 minutes +paid break.
I'm aware of that, but if 1 hr lunch was mandatory, like in my center, most rookies would skip it to get home and play on the xbox all night. Stupid sobs dont realize how much money they give to a company that doesnt even thank them for it.
UPS will never be happy with their profits. Why give time to a company that can never have enough?

Poop Head

Judge me.
I'm aware of that, but if 1 hr lunch was mandatory,
Just curious, did you guys always have an hour lunch?

We only get 30 min unpaid lunch, 2×10 min paid breaks. I would kill for an hour lunch, and am wondering if theres anyway to go about pushing the local to negotiate for at least the option for 1 hour, next contract..

babboo25

Banned
I'm aware of that, but if 1 hr lunch was mandatory, like in my center, most rookies would skip it to get home and play on the xbox all night. Stupid sobs dont realize how much money they give to a company that doesnt even thank them for it.
UPS will never be happy with their profits. Why give time to a company that can never have enough?
Why do you care about what someone else is doing? No one should be forced to take an hour lunch, so stupid.

Staydryitsraining

Lunch break here is between the 3rd and 6th hr of your day per our cba.
There was an unbid route that went out with 450 del pcs/120 del stops + 35 pm pickups. A young driver, tired of Russian roulette coverage, forced them to bid it.
He took his first 10 min break after the 10:30 airs were done, lunch around 12 noon, and the last paid break right before his pick up string started at 15:00.

He needed help every day getting businesses del for a month but his ors couldn't touch his efficiency because he did the job right.

In one month the bulk stops came off, the route went down to about 100 del stops, 280 del pcs, 35 pickups and stayed that way for years.

Not a bonus center fyi but it paid dividends for the driver's health, they finally created a route that made a couple of close proximity routes much better...

all because this guy did it right, every day, and ignored the wind from management along the way to fixing the problem.

God bless the drivers that have spine.
Need more stories like this on here, instead of the fake Rambo stories or drivers pretending to "stick it" to management.

Poop Head

Judge me.
No one should be forced to take an hour lunch, so stupid.
If EVERYONE took their full lunch, in the middle of the day, there would be more routes. Blows my mind every time i hear 15+ year bid guys say "I take my lunch at the end of the day cuz otherwise i cant deliver all my buisinesses before metro".

Wtf is wrong with you people!?!?!?!

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Why do you care about what someone else is doing? No one should be forced to take an hour lunch, so stupid.
People that understand the system know that spineless drivers who run run run to get their businesses done but only succeed by skipping their contractually allotted time frame to take their unpaid meal break actually screw other people out of work.

22.3 and 22.2 employees who only work 7 hrs and '05' are just as weak.

Evidently we make too much money.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If EVERYONE took their full lunch, in the middle of the day, there would be more routes. Blows my mind every time i hear 15+ year bid guys say "I take my lunch at the end of the day cuz otherwise i cant deliver all my buisinesses before metro".

The formula that the Joe Unions liked to repeat was that for every 8 drivers who took their full lunch between the contractually obligated times the company would have to create 1 new route.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

...other than their desire to take care of their customers...? Nothing.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
The formula that the Joe Unions liked to repeat was that for every 8 drivers who took their full lunch between the contractually obligated times the company would have to create 1 new route.
You're nothing but a troll and a scab. Joe unions negotiated your compensation and you spit on their work and dedication.
You'll probably rot in your grave while the joe unions that had to endure your pompous mouth at work urinate on your headstone.

I've known and worked with a few scum union janes like you and most of the ups employees disrespected them and their two faced cowardly ways.
Hopefully your pension goes belly up so that youve got to go find another job and maybe then you may appreciate the hard work of the union joes who worked tirelessly to give punks like you a solid future.
Ungrateful punk scab.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I always took my full lunch and break-----granted, I never took them per the CBA. I normally took my meal break from 1545-1630 and my 10 minute break while sitting at my last drop box. I took my meal break later in the day for two reasons: 1. It was a natural break between deliveries/first round of pickups and the second round of pickups. 2. I lived on my delivery route and that was about the time that I was near my condo.

babboo25

Banned
People that understand the system know that spineless drivers who run run run to get their businesses done but only succeed by skipping their contractually allotted time frame to take their unpaid meal break actually screw other people out of work.

22.3 and 22.2 employees who only work 7 hrs and '05' are just as weak.

Evidently we make too much money.
Ok so if you want more routes tell everyone in your building to slow down. I’m contractually obligated to show “some” lunch, i still average 1 9.5 grievance a week, maybe they’ll add more drivers soon, LOL

Poop Head

Judge me.
Thats just wishful thinking.
So, people could be getting their stuff delivered at 3pm everyday, by a lunch skipper, whos cranky, stressed, in a rush to get it all done before metro. OR, they could be getting their delivery earlier in the day, by "union Joe", whos pleasent, helpful, and not a dick, cuz hes not overloaded with work and knows hell be on lunch soon.

Hmmmm.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
My point is, if you dont take an hour, dont show an hour in your board. If i coded 30 mins, but actually took an hour, there would be problems. The company doesnt care about falsifying records if it benefits them.
Thats why i care.

UPSER1987

My point is, if you dont take an hour, dont show an hour in your board. If i coded 30 mins, but actually took an hour, there would be problems. The company doesnt care about falsifying records if it benefits them.
Thats why i care.

You shouldn’t care what someone else is doing, but how many times have you raised your hand for more work when you know you don’t have enough?Probably never, because it benefits you. Human nature.