Forced ORION gives us power.

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired
Ok, I got you there. But help me with this...why do I Bypass a right hand turn at a controlled intersection, go up a block, run 2 businesses in a strip center, get back on the busy 4 lane Blvd. Do a u turn, without a light, to only return to previous right hand turn this time making a left with the traffic light to run the apts down that street. Orion?

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired
Oh yeah, almost forgot. After I finish those apts I go back to the busy 4 lane, make a right, pass the previously delivered strip center and carry on. Orion??

vvv

There is considerable irony in the fact that the system that supposedly makes it easier for UPS to replace us in the event of a strike could actually provide us with additional leverage in contract negotiations, if we were only willing to use it.
With the implementation of forced ORION, the union no longer needs to threaten UPS with a work stoppage. All it has to do...is declare a “100% ORION compliance week”. Think about it. There would be literally millions of service failures nationwide in the first day alone, which would begin compounding upon themselves as the entire system became clogged with billions of cubic feet of undelivered volume. All while the membership reaped 60 hour paychecks instead of facing the financial uncertainty of walking a picket line. It would be the functional equivalent of a work slowdown, but under the guise of following UPS procedures to the letter. Imagine the power we could collectively wield if we had the willingness to use UPS’s own system against them....

BRILLIANT my man, very good use of that cranium.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
My old PDS and I put in fake oneway streets for almost my entire route. It worked. Until someone from corporate decided to remove them all. It eliminated the u turn almost entirely.
Like I said it can be done. It's an extreme amount of work to undo Orion's madness.

Maybe they should appreciate what drivers do to fix it on the fly every day.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Yeah but then they’ll fire you for “maliciously following procedures”
I can't wait to get fired for working as directed. Procedures are there to be followed so the company can't do a damn thing about anyone following orion 100%. They run the business, I'm just the body in the seat driving and delivering packages.

opey

the problem is, the "method" isnt to blindly follow orion 100%. you are expected to break off of orion to make service commitments, so im pretty sure if you just followed it 100% and disregarded airs, pickups and so on, you would be facing discipline for service. also the company goal is 85% not 100% for orion.. so while it sounds like a great way to stick it back to them, it will just backfire on you.

however, you could follow it stop by stop while still breaking off to make service, and end up 2 hours over and stick it back that way

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

You know what else we need to start doing? Demand help lifting anything over 70lbs. I delivered over 600lbs worth of iregs to one house today. Do you want to pay an hourly 100$ to help with iregs or spend 500K repairing my blown out spine?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
You know what else we need to start doing? Demand help lifting anything over 70lbs. I delivered over 600lbs worth of iregs to one house today. Do you want to pay an hourly 100$ to help with iregs or spend 500K repairing my blown out spine?
Just a friendly FYI, there is no repairing that blown out spine. Use that hand truck and ask for help if you need it.

Slug Life

When do we eat?
Problem is, too many drivers are unwilling to do the job using the proper methods now, short changing themselves in the wallet. Those same drivers would never go out of their way to stay out later intentionally.

Everything you mentioned should be happening now. The only way Orion will get fixed is if it is seen as a failure. Drivers making adjustments give the false illusion that it actually works.
Haha not at our center. We brag about getting a 100% Orion. Anything below 95% trace and you get ridiculed for running “Rabbit.” Over

Rack em

Made the Podium
the problem is, the "method" isnt to blindly follow orion 100%. you are expected to break off of orion to make service commitments, so im pretty sure if you just followed it 100% and disregarded airs, pickups and so on, you would be facing discipline for service. also the company goal is 85% not 100% for orion.. so while it sounds like a great way to stick it back to them, it will just backfire on you.

however, you could follow it stop by stop while still breaking off to make service, and end up 2 hours over and stick it back that way
That's what I meant. Obviously make your commits and businesses, but still follow orion as close to 100% and follow their methods. So no residential backing!

RolloTony Brown Town

Driving up and down a 4 lane state highway log jammed with traffic trying to cover pickups cause the boss said so....

I start pondering about Orion and how there’s no RDO anymore. I thought to myself “Hey the system shouldn’t be about reducing miles. It should be about flowing with traffic patterns properly because that’s where most of our time is lost and crossing traffic is never easy. Then I realize we had that system and threw it away lol

As I am being given an opportunity to work in feeders, which by the way I heard is a dream for management as well as drivers, I wish you all the best. Cheers.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

If they want me to make good decisions, I can do that.
Or if they want me to follow ORION, I can do that too.
But I cant do both.
My job is to deliver and pick up packages. If I wanted to manipulate irrelevant metrics for a living, I would have gone into management.

vvv

Ummm....I was always 2-3 hours everyday before ORION. So now what?

Have a solid idea I will be a good 4 hours over on the report tomorrow.

The Driver

I drive.
If they want me to make good decisions, I can do that.
Or if they want me to follow ORION, I can do that too.
But I cant do both.
My job is to deliver and pick up packages. If I wanted to manipulate irrelevant metrics for a living, I would have gone into management.

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURN.gif