Forced ORION gives us power.

In2Deep?

There is considerable irony in the fact that the system that supposedly makes it easier for UPS to replace us in the event of a strike could actually provide us with additional leverage in contract negotiations, if we were only willing to use it.
With the implementation of forced ORION, the union no longer needs to threaten UPS with a work stoppage. All it has to do...is declare a “100% ORION compliance week”. Think about it. There would be literally millions of service failures nationwide in the first day alone, which would begin compounding upon themselves as the entire system became clogged with billions of cubic feet of undelivered volume. All while the membership reaped 60 hour paychecks instead of facing the financial uncertainty of walking a picket line. It would be the functional equivalent of a work slowdown, but under the guise of following UPS procedures to the letter. Imagine the power we could collectively wield if we had the willingness to use UPS’s own system against them....

This is 100% true. I’ve been running Orion for 2 months now to combat management cutting out neighboring routes and it is definitely working in my favor. If every driver in the center would run Orion to the stop then we could for the first time make REAL change.

It will suck at first because you are going against common sense but it works in our favor because service failures are almost guaranteed, especially on base car routes that have you in multiple loops.

The last two Months I’ve had the least amount of stress than I’ve had the last 10 years driving. It takes all responsibility out of our hands and leaves it up to management to clean up the mess. One thing you will NEVER hear them say is “don’t run Orion”; they’ve invested too much money and will eventually want us to hit a certain percentage so it doesn’t look like a waste.

Run Orion and take your lunch and breaks between the 3rd and 6th hour and let your on road know there will ber service failures. They’ll get it covered one way or another because they have too. They can’t tell you to skip lunch and breaks. Quit cheating yourself and let’s make this a desirable job again

542thruNthru

False.

I can instruct you to skip the hour, take a paid 20 minute break and I have to guarantee you 9 hours. Know your own contract jabroni.

Lol!!!! Show me in the contract where you can direct me to not take a lunch? You do realize that not everyone is under the same contract. You couldn't tell me to do S*. You're a joke and a wanna be tough guy.

RolloTony Brown Town

The local that represents the state my center is in fought having to take their lunch, lost and that is EXACTLY the way it was interpreted.

I’m not a tough guy. I’m correct. Next you’re going to tell me you can’t be forced to take your full hour. Take it to panel. You won’t do it cause you’re afraid I’m right.

The local that represents the state my center is in fought having to take their lunch, lost and that is EXACTLY the way it was interpreted.

I’m not a tough guy. I’m correct. Next you’re going to tell me you can’t be forced to take your full hour. Take it to panel. You won’t do it cause you’re afraid I’m right.
Come to my center. I could use an extra couple thousand dollars in lawsuit money again.

542thruNthru

What's the local? Proof or you're full of S*. The company can not force me to work with out taking a lunch.

WTFm8

Central PA supplement.

Attachments

• IMG_5886.PNG
    IMG_5886.PNG
    140.1 KB · Views: 198

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Pcm this morning, on car insists that we strive for 85% compliance. Tells us that we need to be scrolling through the diad to be certain that we are clearing each street while we're on it.

How many times have we been told not to look at our diads except during wait times? Looking through the diad with Orion adds at least ten minutes to my day all by itself.

Reminded us that we were all "professionals" and we know how to run our routes. He was half right.

Yet they spent millions on a system that was designed around the belief that we do not, indeed, know how to run our routes. If they really did believe we know how to run our routes, why did they go out of their way to make it harder for us to do so?

Yeah but then they’ll fire you for “maliciously following procedures”

When management brings this up, you should point out the absurdity of being given instructions so bad that you can be fired for following them. The fact that we can be disciplined for failure to work as directed should override any possibility for discipline for following directions, and your motives should never be a consideration.

What do you do when you receive contradictory directions? You are expected to use your best judgment except when you aren't, but how do you know when that is? Management just makes up bs on the fly to try to make it so they are always right, no matter how defiant of logic they become. I think my brain would melt and drain out my ears if I tried to sincerely think like a manager.

Grey

There is considerable irony in the fact that the system that supposedly makes it easier for UPS to replace us in the event of a strike could actually provide us with additional leverage in contract negotiations, if we were only willing to use it.
With the implementation of forced ORION, the union no longer needs to threaten UPS with a work stoppage. All it has to do...is declare a “100% ORION compliance week”. Think about it. There would be literally millions of service failures nationwide in the first day alone, which would begin compounding upon themselves as the entire system became clogged with billions of cubic feet of undelivered volume. All while the membership reaped 60 hour paychecks instead of facing the financial uncertainty of walking a picket line. It would be the functional equivalent of a work slowdown, but under the guise of following UPS procedures to the letter. Imagine the power we could collectively wield if we had the willingness to use UPS’s own system against them....

I’d do it but I don’t want my tombstone to read ‘Died in back of truck sorting during Arizona summer.’

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
....What do you do when you receive contradictory directions? You are expected to use your best judgment except when you aren't, but how do you know when that is?... .
When given contradictory instructions by management, I simply follow Article 37 of the contract and do my job in a manner that “best represents the interests of the Company.”
The beauty of being given contradictory instructions is that you cannot be disciplined for failure to follow them. Any attempt do do so on the company’s part would be a violation of that same Article, which specifically prohibits “over-supervision, harrassment and coercion.”
Their inability to issue clear and consistent directives is not my problem. I have been doing my job for 31 years and I dont need to be told what to do every day.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
When given contradictory instructions by management, I simply follow Article 37 of the contract and do my job in a manner that “best represents the interests of the Company.”
The beauty of being given contradictory instructions is that you cannot be disciplined for failure to follow them. Any attempt do do so on the company’s part would be a violation of that same Article, which specifically prohibits “over-supervision, harrassment and coercion.”
Their inability to issue clear and consistent directives is not my problem. I have been doing my job for 31 years and I dont need to be told what to do every day.

That's what I'm getting at with the "malicious obedience" concept. It's a farce.