Forced Saturday for everyone

RealPerson

We all just want off Saturday some have made Christmas plans and others just need to shop for there kids. And we would all like to see our kids. I haven’t made it home to see my kids before they go to bed in 3 weeks.
Then you should have no occurrences, so Call Off....

summersaltstains

Its that bad out there? We are on 6 days, but still getting off at about 1830 most days.
We only have forced 6 days for Saturday drivers and pt cover drivers like me. As far as I know there is no forced helping. 60 seems to be enough for them so far thank God. I may actually get Saturday off. Going into Friday with 47 hours.

Maplewood

our supervisor told at the PCM this morning that no matter how many hours you have available you would be working Saturday. He said if you don’t have the DOT hours you would have to preload or be a helper. I’ve been a full time driver going on 15 years and have never heard this. It will be a 6th report for everyone. Is there anything in the contract that can get us out of this. HELP
Read your contract. Our start times have to be posted the friday of the week prior. So to be forced this Saturday it would have to be posted last Friday. We also have language stating clearly that the work week is 5 consecutive days. They pull that :censored2: all the time out here. Most go in. Our BA's tell us we dont have to work but that we should tell them we aint coming in, dont just no-show. Never has there ever been more than a warning letter and unless language changes there never will. Thats because when UPS loses that arbitration, nobody will ever show up again anywhere.

Maplewood

I think new contact states after 18 months of ratifying no rpcd will be working weekends at all. Another reason UPS wont be able to discipline us when they claim we are "forced." They will have to Scrape by with peak hires and 22.4's. Or maybe offer Double time?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Really? Is that a supplement thing?
Yes.
Do you have sick time?

If not how is this not a issue? I understand option days but we get 5 of those also along with 7 sick days.
In the Central Region we get an "option week" and two "option days".
If the employee has at least 3 weeks of annual vacation, they can take up to two weeks in "single day vacations".

No "sick days".

....but none can be taken from the Monday after Thanksgiving thru Christmas.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Yes.

In the Central Region we get an "option week" and two "option days".
If the employee has at least 3 weeks of annual vacation, they can take up to two weeks in "single day vacations".

No "sick days".

....but none can be taken from the Monday after Thanksgiving thru Christmas.
In the east we get 5 sick, 3 personal, 6 weeks vacation for 25 years. We can break up 1 vacation for additional sick days or trade 5 sick or 3 sick and 2 personal for an additional weeks vacation.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
In the east we get 5 sick, 3 personal, 6 weeks vacation for 25 years. We can break up 1 vacation for additional sick days or trade 5 sick or 3 sick and 2 personal for an additional weeks vacation.
In the Central Region we max out at 7 weeks vacation (6+1 "option week"), plus two "optional holidays", with zero sick or personal days.

Full time employees that have 3 weeks vacation can elect to split up 2 of their weeks into "single day vacation days", that like the "optional holidays", require 8 days prior notice and are awarded by seniority.
The single day language carries with it some squishy verbiage to the benefit Company to award or deny these days off.

Part time employees will now be able to split up a week in the latest version of the Central Region Supplement that is scheduled to be imposed on us when the 6 remaining unresolved supplements are eventually settled, if the PT employee has 20 or more years of service and 4 weeks of vacation time accrued.

I'm going to ask again, what possible reason could there be to provide such radical differences in vacation language from Region to Region and how does this so-called "autonomy" galvanize us as a national bargaining unit in regards to the National Master???

....I'll answer again, it doesn't, just the opposite, while we continue to vote for the same national offers from unequal playing fields.

Vacations is another example of an issue that should be provided for equally, across the entire country, for every employee in the UPS National Master.

542thruNthru

25 years - 6 weeks Vacation
1 - option week (can be broken up)
4 - floating holidays (pretty much option days)
7 - sickdays

We need more because we work harder in the West. ;)

JustDeliverIt

our supervisor told at the PCM this morning that no matter how many hours you have available you would be working Saturday. He said if you don’t have the DOT hours you would have to preload or be a helper. I’ve been a full time driver going on 15 years and have never heard this. It will be a 6th report for everyone. Is there anything in the contract that can get us out of this. HELP

They are doing the same thing at my hub. No hours to drive, your hopping.