Forced Saturday for everyone

alwaysRTS

Shop Steward
Read your contract. Our start times have to be posted the friday of the week prior. So to be forced this Saturday it would have to be posted last Friday. We also have language stating clearly that the work week is 5 consecutive days. They pull that :censored2: all the time out here. Most go in. Our BA's tell us we dont have to work but that we should tell them we aint coming in, dont just no-show. Never has there ever been more than a warning letter and unless language changes there never will. Thats because when UPS loses that arbitration, nobody will ever show up again anywhere.
That's our BA's stance on it as well.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
I'm going to ask again, what possible reason could there be to provide such radical differences in vacation language from Region to Region and how does this so-called "autonomy" galvanize us as a national bargaining unit in regards to the National Master???
....I'll answer again, it doesn't, just the opposite, while we continue to vote for the same national offers from unequal playing fields.
Vacations is another example of an issue that should be provided for equally, across the entire country, for every employee in the UPS National Master.

wages
vacations
sick/personal days
holidays
work week/start times
hours guarantee
overtime/sixth day
cover/temp/casual drivers
all these should be in the master and the same for all

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
wages
vacations
sick/personal days
holidays
work week/start times
hours guarantee
overtime/sixth day
cover/temp/casual drivers
all these should be in the master and the same for all
Booo..... but what about pension?
I can actually see economic variables, such as cost of living, justifying wages and pensions to be addressed in certain supplements instead of the Master.

....but the rest of your list would be a great starting point @just chillin' .

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I called in once hungover as hell conversation went something like this

Me: not coming in

Sup: why

Me: after a long pause Lack of interest

Click

As soon as I said it I knew I was friend*ed

BA told me don’t do that again

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I called in once hungover as hell conversation went something like this

Me: not coming in

Sup: why

Me: after a long pause Lack of interest

Click

As soon as I said it I knew I was friend*ed

BA told me don’t do that again
The contract just says you have to given them an hours notice that you won’t be in ;)

You should have just clicked with no reason lol

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
How is everyone’s center ran on sat? ...last year we did time worked for everyone , this year everyone gets 8hrs. Dozens of drivers sitting and waiting at center until they get 8 , sorry UPS , TIME TO PAY UP