Forced Saturday

Whither

Scofflaw

This article 26 language is a bit vague. "Will [not] be forced to work a day off and exceed 60 hours" ... Because of the conjunction and the preceding language, seems like it's aimed at cases where the 70/8 rule is enforced and we're not protected against a forced 6th punch pay actual, e.g., 62.01 hrs is covered, but I don't think 52.01 is ... Also seems weird that the sentence specifies RPCDs red-circled under article 22.4(b), because that's just us T-S drivers.

My steward says I can be forced to report as a helper (of course at driver rate) and exceed 60 (at double time) in any case.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This article 26 language is a bit vague. "Will [not] be forced to work a day off and exceed 60 hours" ... Because of the conjunction and the preceding language, seems like it's aimed at cases where the 70/8 rule is enforced and we're not protected against a forced 6th punch pay actual, e.g., 62.01 hrs is covered, but I don't think 52.01 is ... Also seems weird that the sentence specifies RPCDs red-circled under article 22.4(b), because that's just us T-S drivers.

My steward says I can be forced to report as a helper (of course at driver rate) and exceed 60 (at double time) in any case.

Your steward is correct-----you can work an additional 2 hours per day as a helper after you run out of DOT hours for that day.

wage EARNER

In Central States, Art 12. Sect 4. requires start times to be posted the Friday before the following work week. What language supersedes this, which allows management to force you to work if you are not scheduled? How does this apply to non drivers?

Today, the entire preload was told we are required to come in at 4:45 tomorrow(Saturday). Which article allows them to count this as an occurrence if we no show.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
4BB033D0-1DB7-4E90-8F71-B73F65AE6F24.jpeg
I’ll be enjoying life tomorrow. Have fun at work, especially those being “forced”

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
My supplement says the work is 5 consecutive days. The local backs those of us who don’t want to work a “forced” 6th report.

southern supplement

and by the way, wtf is definition of forced?
lol settle down union brother I’m not even in tomorrow , I tried coming in they don’t want to pay me $700 to be a helper for the day...relax union brother

35years

Gravy route
Yes-----they can sit in the jump seat to work their available hours.
Pleeeease stop posting on Union issues.

You are almost always wrong and others dont know you dont know better.

Locally, here, a driver can not be forced to work outside his classification. That means they can not force you into any work if you are out of DOT driving hours.

Some areas may have different language and allow it.

Last edited:

Faceplanted

Stewards in my center telling the young bucks it’s forced. :censored2: them. I sent lots of them the 5 day work week article, and told them to file for harassment If they get disciplined Monday. One of the young bucks told me he gets his kids on the weekend. Wtf you want this guy to do?

542thruNthru

Stewards in my center telling the young bucks it’s forced. :censored2: them. I sent lots of them the 5 day work week article, and told them to file for harassment If they get disciplined Monday. One of the young bucks told me he gets his kids on the weekend. Wtf you want this guy to do?

Why would your stewards be saying that? Did you say your BA said you couldn't be forced?

542thruNthru

You are correct the article only pertains to over 60 hours.