MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
9448BB36-A612-4202-BB0E-75CFE1AF0D31.jpeg
That's my job

Former champion

Total package

We can rebuild him
It's double time after 60 on any day.[/
This article 26 language is a bit vague. "Will [not] be forced to work a day off and exceed 60 hours" ... Because of the conjunction and the preceding language, seems like it's aimed at cases where the 70/8 rule is enforced and we're not protected against a forced 6th punch pay actual, e.g., 62.01 hrs is covered, but I don't think 52.01 is ... Also seems weird that the sentence specifies RPCDs red-circled under article 22.4(b), because that's just us T-S drivers.

My steward says I can be forced to report as a helper (of course at driver rate) and exceed 60 (at double time) in any case.
They are paying time and half here over 60 on Saturdays as helpers. Saying only double time if you’re driving with 70 hours

iruhnman630

We had at least one driver just say he wasnt coming in. Told them Friday night.

A few more have already said they are not giving up their annual holiday events (each of them Christmas charities they particpate in every year) next Saturday.

Bottom line, I want to know if they can really enforce discipline for not showing up for a workday that is not on the posted start time schedule.

What'dyabringmetoday???

VIOLATION!

The 34 hr reset language is garbage. It's 60 hrs in 5 days, or 70 in 6, then you get a whopping 1 day off to recover.
Actually it's 60/7 and 70/8- if you do a 34 hour reset you can start all over again. If you dig into it, you will find that the reset is actually at the driver's discretion. Of course, UPS goes ahead and resets everyone because it is convenient for them.

specter208

Have a question. Would appreciate a second opinion. There is a T-S PT carparker with a bid for parking on Saturday and is backup during the week. There is a 22.3 M-friend carparker who has seniority and normally does the job M-friend. Management is saying that for December the FT 22.3 carparker is allowed to park cars over the T-S PT carparker who has the regular Saturday bid and is being forced to work elsewhere. Steward is thinking that since everyone is forced on the same schedule of M-Sat, the company has to honor the fulltime seniority and allow him to carpark.

Would a skilled bid job such as car parking be considered a preferred job as in West Supp Art 6.4 and subject to managements authority to assign them where needed.

Also SouthWest PKG Rider Section 10.2 states that no full-time employee with seniority date prior to August 1, 2018 can be forced to a T-S schedule unless mutually agreed to or they bid into that schedule. (There is no T-S 22.3 carparker bid available) Therefore, even during peak, a M-friend 22.3 carparker working on Saturday is still considered extra-work and does have not have seniority to bump the regularly scheduled T-S PT carparker. Thanks for your help.

Whither

Scofflaw
Actually it's 60/7 and 70/8- if you do a 34 hour reset you can start all over again. If you dig into it, you will find that the reset is actually at the driver's discretion. Of course, UPS goes ahead and resets everyone because it is convenient for them.

Right, and due to the reset language it works out to 60/5 and 70/6 for practical purposes. But tell more re: what discretion we have over the reset.

Scuderia

Can someone explain this whole hours thing to me in a keep it simple stupid way. Why would the center manager say “if you run out of hours and still want your 8.0, let us know and we’ll assign you inside work”?