Forced Saturday

Faceplanted

Why would your stewards be saying that? Did you say your BA said you couldn't be forced?
Because my stewards have legitimately told me that it’s their (the drivers) problem and they need to read the contract. We lost 2 good stewards, one of them to retirement and One of them got transferred. They get special treatment from management for perpetuating these lies. I don’t like it at all.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Because my stewards have legitimately told me that it’s their (the drivers) problem and they need to read the contract. We lost 2 good stewards, one of them to retirement and One of them got transferred. They get special treatment from management for perpetuating these lies. I don’t like it at all.
give the steward a chance then go over his head ...inside job union brother

Whither

Scofflaw
are you full-time?
You are correct the article only pertains to over 60 hours.

I'm gonna have to get in touch with the BA. As I mentioned a couple weeks ago in another thread, I'm in a complex sitch. Still classified as an RPCD in the center I qualified out of, but have been driving exclusively out of another center ever since qualifying. And, I guess I'm a T-S driver, but I've been scheduled M-friend all but the last couple weeks. I think I've been getting soft-rolled, scheduled M-S -- next week too, and prolly all through peak.

I say soft-rolled because the past 2 Mondays I've gotten calls from sups "Are you coming in?" And then, today I got ODS'd "Are you reporting tomorrow?" Bizarre. Why ask if I have to report? I replied no, I can't be in tomorrow. My steward says I should follow the call in procedures tomorrow morning anyway. I guess I will, but I don't like this pussyfooting around.

I will also encourage the local to hold a class for us rookies on the typical bs UPS tries to pull, when and how far the local has our backs. I hope, sooner than later, I'll be able to help lead that class.

Whither

Scofflaw
lol settle down union brother I’m not even in tomorrow , I tried coming in they don’t want to pay me $700 to be a helper for the day...relax union brother

I think they would pay you here haha. I wouldn't have minded jumping, would be nice to get to know another driver, but gotdam my body needs the rest.

542thruNthru

I refuse to be a passenger

Yeah you like to be the catcher.
giphy-123.gif

Good point. In any case I am refusing tomorrow. But I've gotta investigate how strong/weak my local is. This job, I think scheduling 6 punches is risking injury or accident. It's not enough that I've put in my usual 54 hours and prolly handled 1.5 more the pieces.
Don't refuse. That could be considered insubordination or job abandonment. Just call in sick and hope I feel better on Monday.