Forced Saturday

specter208

Can someone explain this whole hours thing to me in a keep it simple stupid way. Why would the center manager say “if you run out of hours and still want your 8.0, let us know and we’ll assign you inside work”?
Depending where you are at. You can't go over 60 or 70 hours as a driver. But if you only drive for a few hours because you run out (Max 60/70 hours driving remember) and still want to work for your guarantee of 8, you will be given other work that does not involve you driving.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Can someone explain this whole hours thing to me in a keep it simple stupid way. Why would the center manager say “if you run out of hours and still want your 8.0, let us know and we’ll assign you inside work”?

You will drive for your remaining hours and will get the balance of your 8 working in the hub.

WorknLateHuh

for years I can never get a straight answer about six day punches during peak from the union or managers. I’ve seen some guys get told to come in and they don’t and nothing happens and I’ve seen guys get suspended for it.

I guess we will see what category i fall into monday. They told me they're forcing saturday. i said i'm not coming in. They say, "well, you need to call out then." i say, "i'm not calling out. i'm telling you now i'm not coming in. i haven't worked a 6th punch in 15 years. see you Monday."

Not trying to be a baddass, i just think the whole forcing on sat is bull:censored2:

What'dyabringmetoday???

Right, and due to the reset language it works out to 60/5 and 70/6 for practical purposes. But tell more re: what discretion we have over the reset.
UPS will do as it pleases with the blessing of the Teamsters. Either get used to it or check out other employment opportunities. Sadly- that is where we are at...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I guess we will see what category i fall into monday. They told me they're forcing saturday. i said i'm not coming in. They say, "well, you need to call out then." i say, "i'm not calling out. i'm telling you now i'm not coming in. i haven't worked a 6th punch in 15 years. see you Monday."

Not trying to be a baddass, i just think the whole forcing on sat is bull:censored2:

You have two choices:

Call out to cover your butt....or

No call/no show

Of course, there is a third choice-----show up to work as directed.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

A full timer yesterday with three hours left was told he would be a helper. He just grabbed his bag and walked right out the door to his car.

35years

Gravy route
A full timer yesterday with three hours left was told he would be a helper. He just grabbed his bag and walked right out the door to his car.

Our B.A. has made it clear...

No driver can be forced to work outside his classification, including helper.

No driver can be forced to work a 6th shift if he has 62+ hrs in Friday punch out.

The management snakes called each of us off the clock on Friday just before we reached 62 hrs. So no one was able to avoid Saturday work.

The part that really pissses me off is that they pretended they were not going to 70 hrs till Friday afternoon.

That destroyed ANY teamwork attitude in all the drivers.

Good luck getting cleaned up before Christmas when the drivers see what snakes thier bosses really are.

Rack em

Made the Podium
We had at least one driver just say he wasnt coming in. Told them Friday night.

A few more have already said they are not giving up their annual holiday events (each of them Christmas charities they particpate in every year) next Saturday.

Bottom line, I want to know if they can really enforce discipline for not showing up for a workday that is not on the posted start time schedule.
Depends on the language in your supplement and/or rider. In my local they can't force us in even though they threaten discipline all the time. "I :censored2:ing dare them to discipline a driver or working their scheduled day off" -BA

Sol Rosenburg

Our B.A. has made it clear...

No driver can be forced to work outside his classification, including helper.

No driver can be forced to work a 6th shift if he has 62+ hrs in Friday punch out.

The management snakes called each of us off the clock on Friday just before we reached 62 hrs. So no one was able to avoid Saturday work.

The part that really pissses me off is that they pretended they were not going to 70 hrs till Friday afternoon.

That destroyed ANY teamwork attitude in all the drivers.

Good luck getting cleaned up before Christmas when the drivers see what snakes thier bosses really are.
They're all snakes as far as I'm concerned. Would not hesitate for 1 second to throw you under the bus if it came down to it. My center is so bad I refuse to use my personal cell phone.

35years

Gravy route
They're all snakes as far as I'm concerned. Would not hesitate for 1 second to throw you under the bus if it came down to it. My center is so bad I refuse to use my personal cell phone.

Been thrown under the bus many times.

Now when they lie, I take great pleasure in calling them liars right to their face in front of as many people as possible.

Sol Rosenburg

Been thrown under the bus many times.

Now when they lie, I take great pleasure in calling them liars right to their face in front of as many people as possible.
I use to be like that. Now I don't talk To any of them unless I have to. I think it's been 2 months since I said a word to my oncar.