Forced Saturday

BrownArmy

It's Peak...

I'm showing up Saturdays for the 6th punch $$$.

It's a complete circus where I'm at...multiple seasonal drivers have quit, we are at 30% of the amount of helpers we need, certain routes are sitting in the building not going out at all, and we were sitting on 7 trailers as of last Friday...

Gonna be a good day today.

over9five

Staff member
I guess we will see what category i fall into monday. They told me they're forcing saturday. i said i'm not coming in. They say, "well, you need to call out then." i say, "i'm not calling out. i'm telling you now i'm not coming in. i haven't worked a 6th punch in 15 years. see you Monday."
No reason to call out, you already did by telling them you wouldn't be there.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

He told him to his face he wouldn't be there. He forfilled his obligation of letting them know he wouldn't be there well before his shift. I would call that effectively calling out. No way they could call that NC/NS.

Even though he was told that he needed to formally call out this morning?

take your time

Our B.A. has made it clear...

No driver can be forced to work outside his classification, including helper.

No driver can be forced to work a 6th shift if he has 62+ hrs in Friday punch out.

The management snakes called each of us off the clock on Friday just before we reached 62 hrs. So no one was able to avoid Saturday work.

The part that really pissses me off is that they pretended they were not going to 70 hrs till Friday afternoon.

That destroyed ANY teamwork attitude in all the drivers.

Good luck getting cleaned up before Christmas when the drivers see what snakes thier bosses really are.

That's crazy..... managment is attempting to grow a brain.

iruhnman630

Since this is happening everywhere, Im guessing we will soon find out just how much disciplinary teeth they have when people do not show up for a start time that is not posted on the scheduled start times the Friday before.

WorknLateHuh

I guess we will see what category i fall into monday. They told me they're forcing saturday. i said i'm not coming in. They say, "well, you need to call out then." i say, "i'm not calling out. i'm telling you now i'm not coming in. i haven't worked a 6th punch in 15 years. see you Monday."

Not trying to be a baddass, i just think the whole forcing on sat is bull:censored2:

He needs to call out or he will be charged with a NC/NS.

He told him to his face he wouldn't be there. He forfilled his obligation of letting them know he wouldn't be there well before his shift. I would call that effectively calling out. No way they could call that NC/NS.

So i didn't work Sat or call out like they demanded. I showed up today(Mon) to a completely blown out truck with double the stops i usually have, but not a word was said to me about Saturday. My termination letter might have been rolled over a day or two.o_O

I'm not a "in your face" "gonna show you what's up" kind of person, but i really feel like we're being taken advantage of with this 6th punch thing, and that's why It really pisses me off. UPS has never pushed this hard for it where i'm at.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My last 2-3 Peaks working Saturday was a given; in fact, some of the guys even advocated for it as we knew that it would lighten the load for the following Monday.

The Driver

I drive.
My last 2-3 Peaks working Saturday was a given; in fact, some of the guys even advocated for it as we knew that it would lighten the load for the following Monday.

Yeah but they should be paid $25 an hour and no more. This company would be so much more prosperous if it was David "The Block" Upstate instead of David Abney running the show.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Then on Monday you get to go help the guy that was with his family on Saturday

“money‘s not everything “ where have I heard this before

That is the one thing that I do have to give my former center manager credit for------he would send those of us who chose to come in with whatever was on the car and would stick it to those who chose to stay home.

MattM

Can PTers be forced to 6th and 7th day punches? They may be getting us for the next 15 straight days.

90% of our guys have other jobs. Our work week has remained the same for 9-10 years in our building.

I tell new guys with peak, anything is possible. 70% may be calling in/out. The pay will be ot/DT. But a lot of guys literally cant show up