Forced Saturday

542thruNthru

So now it is a race to 62 hours M-friend to avoid Saturday if 70 hr week is implemented.

And a race to 52 hours M-friend until or unless they change it to 70.

With no threat of being forced into being a helper on Saturday either. It's a new game.

Race to over 62 and 52.

Indecisi0n

for years I can never get a straight answer about six day punches during peak from the union or managers. I’ve seen some guys get told to come in and they don’t and nothing happens and I’ve seen guys get suspended for it.

Shouldn't take years for you to figure it out . It either says it in your contract or it doesn't . Here they cannot force but they use to threaten me every year with being told to come in. I was told if I didn't come in I would be suspended . My response was "so youre telling me by not coming in I get more days off...see you Monday". Needless to say they move onto find their next sheep .

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The one good thing my former center used to do is not punish the drivers who came in on Saturday by busting up the routes of those who didn't and spreading their work around. You didn't want to come in on Saturday? There you go-----have fun.

35years

Gravy route
The one good thing my former center used to do is not punish the drivers who came in on Saturday by busting up the routes of those who didn't and spreading their work around. You didn't want to come in on Saturday? There you go-----have fun.

Those days are long gone.
Orion dispatch.
You get what the computer dispatches.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
I hope my customers enjoy getting their deliveries 2 to 4 days late.
I never worked a Saturday and they couldn't do anything about it.
I dropped the anchor and my productivity grinds to a halt

JustDeliverIt

The union cracked down on it this year. We can't work unless we have 8 hours available
No time worked

Yeah, I'm glad they bumped it to 8. 3 or 4 eleven hour days shouldn't be an issue to get to the magic number of 52.01 or more. Plus with double time after 60 they don't want to go to 70 in my center.

Last year I would always call my supervisor and ask if the rookie next to me needed help. I got to 56+ every week but two, and one of the two weeks I was 4 minutes short. They still had me come in. By the time I drove to my area, got 17 stops off and had to return. Easy, stupid money but still would have chosen to stay home.

New 8 hour rule should really help IMO.

Yeah, I'm glad they bumped it to 8. 3 or 4 eleven hour days shouldn't be an issue to get to the magic number of 52.01 or more. Plus with double time after 60 they don't want to go to 70 in my center.

Last year I would always call my supervisor and ask if the rookie next to me needed help. I got to 56+ every week but two, and one of the two weeks I was 4 minutes short. They still had me come in. By the time I drove to my area, got 17 stops off and had to return. Easy, stupid money but still would have chosen to stay home.

New 8 hour rule should really help IMO.
I see lots of people with 52.01 hours for the week. Lol