Forced Saturday

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
It has to be kinda eerie sometime out there at night with snow. Just pitchblack. Especially on a road like this.
View attachment 272375
It is. There have been nights where I have stepped out to pee and literally the only sound you hear is the drops splattering on the ground. There are stops where the driveway into the ranch is 10 miles in and out and then the roads to get to towns are 40 miles. Bet your ass there is no service and you might go hours without seeing another person.

Breakdowns are no fun in the dead of winter when its pitch black and no way to get in touch with center. Yes, there are actually spots the DIAD loses communication.

dpg420

supervisor trying to tell me I need to work on Saturday’s starting this week I look her in the face and said I will be sick every single Saturday .
think I’ll get canned or not I’d rather not but it’s whatever I’d rather work somewhere else than work saturdays

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
It has to be kinda eerie sometime out there at night with snow. Just pitchblack. Especially on a road like this.
View attachment 272375

You ever see Uncle Rico on the side of the road?
5c5c8791b8f45ee96cf4841d0d9c3bd4--napoleon-dynamite-parking-lot.jpg

Air Recovery

If youre a new hire you might be in for a surprise.

If you've been there past probation.....they will get pissy with you but I'm not sure if they woukd follow through and fire you especially if tou are a hard worker mon-fri

currahee

Last 2 peaks I have driven they have run every route on Saturdays. They force every driver in that had 4+ hours left and you took your route out and just got a jump on the next week.

Some guys didn't show up (and didn't get disciplined) but they did "require" everyone to come in and most did. There were also some of us to make sure to be at 56.01 or higher by Friday so it wasn't an issue.
If you dont have 8 hours available they cant force you in. They will tell you can but they are wrong.

WTFm8

If you dont have 8 hours available they cant force you in. They will tell you can but they are wrong.

... let them force you in, then head back to building when you cap out on hours and demand your 8. They’ll be forced to have you go as a helper or just pay the guarantee.