forced to put into 401k

Tony Q

Got a letter in the Mail stating any new full-time employee or a lateral bid full-time employees will be forced to put 3% into 401k and 1% increase that will be capped at 10%. For One Is This Even Legal. 2 it scares me because are they trying to take our pension. They already took .10 from the part time employees to put into full time pension. Management is eliminating pension for non union employees. That was before the yuge tax cut. If ups revenue is 60 billion they tend to save a additional 14% corporate tax rate witch is roughly 9 bill
You can get taken out of this with a few phone calls but with the current state of pensions its probably in your best interests. Then again I think the stock market will crash around the corner so maybe you are right.

Tony Q

No problem. Now start saving
I have been for decades, its not me they need to worry about. I understand it's in a lot of people's best interests to automatically enroll them into a 401k plan, but I still think it should have been collectively bargained over. In my opinion it is a clear violation of article 6 of the UPS national master agreement.

I have been for decades, its not me they need to worry about. I understand it's in a lot of people's best interests to automatically enroll them into a 401k plan, but I still think it should have been collectively bargained over. In my opinion it is a clear violation of article 6 of the UPS national master agreement.
The contract can not override the law. Just like you can't grieve it for them taking taxes out of your paycheck. It's a good thing.

The only thing I would like to see get changed is, give some financial guidance to the employees like other companies do.

Tony Q

The contract can not override the law. Just like you can't grieve it for them taking taxes out of your paycheck. It's a good thing.

The only thing I would like to see get changed is, give some financial guidance to the employees like other companies do.
Thats a good idea.

542thruNthru

>who needs a 401k when i have monopoly millionaire and scratch offs?

Smoking+Jin.jpg
I'm guessing you got that line from this. If not watch it. :)

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You can get taken out of this with a few phone calls but with the current state of pensions its probably in your best interests. Then again I think the stock market will crash around the corner so maybe you are right.
Ya, you can get out... after they've already taken money out of your check. Want to withdraw that money? Guess what, there's a penalty tax lol. It's not right, and the law they passed that allows it is a huge political handjob to big banks and wall street.

Tony Q

Ya, you can get out... after they've already taken money out of your check. Want to withdraw that money? Guess what, there's a penalty tax lol. It's not right, and the law they passed that allows it is a huge political handjob to big banks and wall street.
Yes those are some of the issues I have with it. The member can stop it, but it is a hassle.