Forced to use single vacation day for call in

Can ups force you to use svd days when you call in. For a full time driver. This sentence is what they are using to justify it. It's the last sentence in the approval section of article 16. These days shall be paid for the first five days that the
employee does not work, provided they were scheduled to
work on these days and provided there is coverage for the

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Can ups force you to use svd days when you call in. For a full time driver. This sentence is what they are using to justify it. It's the last sentence in the approval section of article 16. These days shall be paid for the first five days that the
Just read Art. 16 of national. Not seeing anything there about it.

What supplement are you under?

EDIT: Also, if that's your real name, change it. Against TOS to use identifiable info.

15821527652944720944223192452308.jpg

We filed a grievance just waiting for a hearing, the labor manager works at my building and said he isn't budging because of that sentence. Just wondering if anyone had knowledge of this or specific instances of grievances won

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
We filed a grievance just waiting for a hearing, the labor manager works at my building and said he isn't budging because of that sentence. Just wondering if anyone had knowledge of this or specific instances of grievances won
never heard of them giving a vacation day for a call off without it being requested

542thruNthru

So I'm guessing you're in the Central region.

You don't have sick days there and they gave you a extra vacation week because of it.

So you can just elect to call out sick and not be paid when ever you feel like it?

Turdferguson

Just a turd

From the same section

"Single vacation day(s) selected during the calendar year must be selected, in writing, a minimum of eight (8) working days prior to the requested date(s). The Company must approve or deny the requests within
one (1) working day of the request. Single vacation days may be granted by mutual agreement outside of the eight (8) working day request provision outlined above."

Did you ask in writing 8 days before?
Did you mutually agree to it?
If not tell them to eat :censored2: and die and they owe you a vacation day

WTFm8

never heard of them giving a vacation day for a call off without it being requested

They do it at my building sometimes then try to play dumb when someone speaks up about previous call-off not burning a day showing as ‘Called In’ on UPSers

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
There are no sick days in central.
You were hired to work. Not sit at home in the bed.
Either go to work, or we will get someone who can.
Have fun. This is how we do here...

Me “Hey it’s Trip, I’m not gonna be able to make it in today”

Supervisor “well what’s the....”

CLICK.
End of story.