Forced Vacation

dezguy

We have people at my sta who always sell back a week or two. You must take at least two weeks vacation for the year though.

Personally, my free time is more valuable than getting a couple weeks paid out. I'll take my time off, thank you very much.

P1 Failure

Damn I have my five weeks,personals/floaters and sick days and I still think it’s not enough. This job will drive you bonkers after awhile. You don’t have to go anywhere but you also don’t have to come to work and on top of that they pay you for being off. It’s a win win. Damn my uncle in New Zealand had 9 weeks of vacation before he retired.

Serf

We have people at my sta who always sell back a week or two. You must take at least two weeks vacation for the year though.

Personally, my free time is more valuable than getting a couple weeks paid out. I'll take my time off, thank you very much.
That's just it... "You must take 2 weeks vacation." Why?

Serf

Damn I have my five weeks,personals/floaters and sick days and I still think it’s not enough. This job will drive you bonkers after awhile. You don’t have to go anywhere but you also don’t have to come to work and on top of that they pay you for being off. It’s a win win. Damn my uncle in New Zealand had 9 weeks of vacation before he retired.
"Staycations" are lame. So is daytime television. I agree 9 weeks is cool, especially in a warm place like New Zealand.

Serf

No one ever said you had to lay in bed all day during vacation. The excuses are extremely weak.
I'm not sure you understand. These aren't excuses. I have no life whatsoever if I'm not working & exercising. That is it. Eat, sleep, bathroom, exercise, work. Like prisoner routine.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I can’t even grasp the thought of not wanting to take my vacations.
I could.

I never wanted the same week off as my pain in the ass manager. Whenever he was gone was always a good week to come into work. Attendance, morale and productivity were always much better when he was elsewhere.

dezguy

No one ever said you had to lay in bed all day during vacation. The excuses are extremely weak.
Winner!

Often times, I work a lot harder, getting stuff done around the house,.on vacation than if I had gone into work for the week. lol

That's just it... "You must take 2 weeks vacation." Why?

To avoid the lawsuit when someone gets burnt out, gets in an accident and reveals they haven't taken a vacation in 10 years?

dezguy

I could.

I never wanted the same week off as my pain in the ass manager. Whenever he was gone was always a good week to come into work. Attendance, morale and productivity were always much better when he was elsewhere.
I'm amazed at how much smoother things run when we have senior couriers running the station when a manager is off and the others are away for training or a meeting.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'm not sure you understand. These aren't excuses. I have no life whatsoever if I'm not working & exercising. That is it. Eat, sleep, bathroom, exercise, work. Like prisoner routine.
Realize it or not. That’s an excuse. A weak one

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
This is possibly the dumbest complaint ever registered on this site, and that's saying something.

overflowed

This thread is actually insane to me. I don't know you at all serf, but if it was possible I would buy your vacation time from you so I can take more. Maybe you need to find a new passion or hobby or something.

McFeely

Huge Member
I didn’t have a ton of cash on my 3rd week of vacation so I headed up into the mountains and did some hiking and crashed at a friends pad. Always good just to get outta Dodge, doesn’t have to cost a lot.

BootsOnTarmac

When I was part time I hated taking my vacations, paid out at 20 Hours per week. Not enough money to actually go on vacation, especially since I was getting 30+ hours a week working. Now I have 5 weeks paid At 40 hours and able to use up to 2 weeks of single vacation days for long weekends, etc.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
This thread is actually insane to me. I don't know you at all serf, but if it was possible I would buy your vacation time from you so I can take more. Maybe you need to find a new passion or hobby or something.

If he posted a "I'll work for you if you'll take my paid vacation" trade proposal he'd have a million offers.