Forced Vacation

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I’ve been working inside the building for almost 2 years and now I’m a newly hired driver for 2 months. But I have been told that I can’t take my vacation until 1 year seniority as a driver. Is this true, I can’t access the vacation I have now?
Assuming you are Express, and the policy hasn’t changed, that’s not true. You can take vacation as long as you’ve accrued it, but you will be paid part time hours.

MassWineGuy

Um, you do realize that using “your” rather than “you’re” is not a spelling error, right?

Anybody that professes to care deeply about grammar should know the difference between a spelling error and a homonym.

I can see why your career path did not involve the language arts!

Substituting a homonym doesn’t make the spelling correct. It just means the poor guy doesn’t know what word to use.

I’m still glad that I made the effort to get my degrees. There’s more to education than how it equates to getting jobs.

But some of you guys are likely too busy grunting and running around with wood clubs to read, much less understand, this.

To the one who originally misspelled, take a remedial course at a community college. Or the nearest nursery school.

vantexan

Substituting a homonym doesn’t make the spelling correct. It just means the poor guy doesn’t know what word to use.

I’m still glad that I made the effort to get my degrees. There’s more to education than how it equates to getting jobs.

But some of you guys are likely too busy grunting and running around with wood clubs to read, much less understand, this.

To the one who originally misspelled, take a remedial course at a community college. Or the nearest nursery school.
Funny how you lecture us on spelling, etc, but fail to properly respond in a way that allows us to know who you are talking to and put it into context. Spoken by one who has done the same and has had it pointed out to him. Correcting others has it's dangers.

MassWineGuy

I’m a great person to work with. But perhaps I should stop correcting others when they butcher the English language. You can’t fix stupid, especially when someone has no interest in being accurate.

Go ye forth and multiply. (but not in so many words).