Forced Vacation

Serf

Winner!

Often times, I work a lot harder, getting stuff done around the house,.on vacation than if I had gone into work for the week. lol

To avoid the lawsuit when someone gets burnt out, gets in an accident and reveals they haven't taken a vacation in 10 years?
HAHA, sad but true.

Serf

This thread is actually insane to me. I don't know you at all serf, but if it was possible I would buy your vacation time from you so I can take more. Maybe you need to find a new passion or hobby or something.
Possibly pastimes but no real hobbies to speak of. Stamp collecting & pottery don't seem that interesting.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
It’s YOU’RE welcome to leave. I wish more Americans understood the English language.
Well excuse the crap out of me Mr. Grammar police. I’ll bet you’re the stool pigeon of your station. Looks like the honeymoon between you and FedEx has reached its’ end. Oh well, have fun at work today while I have a grueling day of doing whatever I want (and that includes making typos.) I’m retired, YOU’RE not. Suck it up buttercup.

MassWineGuy

Well excuse the crap out of me Mr. Grammar police. I’ll bet you’re the stool pigeon of your station. Looks like the honeymoon between you and FedEx has reached its’ end. Oh well, have fun at work today while I have a grueling day of doing whatever I want (and that includes making typos.) I’m retired, YOU’RE not. Suck it up buttercup.

Of course, get angry at me for your own illiteracy. And you’re retired, so there’s even more time to correct your terrible spelling. Even if you don’t think it matters, it matters.

Oh, and while there’s no shortage of things I would change, on balance I’m still ok working for Fedex. If poor writing and spelling annoys me, having people assume that they know how I’m feeling really disgusts me.

As unpleasant as some FedEx stuff is, do some research and you’ll see that it’s much worse at some other companies. Especially health care and deductibles.

Meat

If poor writing and spelling annoys me, having people assume that they know how I’m feeling really disgusts me.

I always assumed that you get really annoyed with your parents because every time you go to visit them they’re all, “You have a masters degree and you still have to wear polyester to work?”

Cactus

Of course, get angry at me for your own illiteracy. And you’re retired, so there’s even more time to correct your terrible spelling. Even if you don’t think it matters, it matters.

Oh, and while there’s no shortage of things I would change, on balance I’m still ok working for Fedex. If poor writing and spelling annoys me, having people assume that they know how I’m feeling really disgusts me.

As unpleasant as some FedEx stuff is, do some research and you’ll see that it’s much worse at some other companies. Especially health care and deductibles.
Oooh so bitter.

My terrible spelling? That was only ONE WORD.

Damn, move over Sheldon Cooper.

Meat

Of course, get angry at me for your own illiteracy. And you’re retired, so there’s even more time to correct your terrible spelling.

Um, you do realize that using “your” rather than “you’re” is not a spelling error, right?

Anybody that professes to care deeply about grammar should know the difference between a spelling error and a homonym.

I can see why your career path did not involve the language arts!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Um, you do realize that using “your” rather than “you’re” is not a spelling error, right?

Anybody that professes to care deeply about grammar should know the difference between a spelling error and a homonym.

I can see why your career path did not involve the language arts!
Also, that had nothing to do with illiteracy.

Cactus

I always assumed that you get really annoyed with your parents because every time you go to visit them they’re all, “You have a masters degree and you still have to wear polyester to work?”
Visit them? Probably still lives with them.

Serf

Amtrak round trip train rides offer scenic & majestic views of the country at a reasonable price. Also can BYOB. Thinking of things to do if they make me stay home. This is intriguing.

rentadawg

I’ve been working inside the building for almost 2 years and now I’m a newly hired driver for 2 months. But I have been told that I can’t take my vacation until 1 year seniority as a driver. Is this true, I can’t access the vacation I have now?

Serf

I’ve been working inside the building for almost 2 years and now I’m a newly hired driver for 2 months. But I have been told that I can’t take my vacation until 1 year seniority as a driver. Is this true, I can’t access the vacation I have now?
Assuming you are express and not ground? Sounds odd. You should have some vacation accrued. You went from handler to driver?

rentadawg

Assuming you are express and not ground? Sounds odd. You should have some vacation accrued. You went from handler to driver?
Yes, in fact it says I get more vacation on October 31st on my time card viewer Passed my qualification for a driver a couple months ago and I’m being denied any vacation until I’ve been a driver for a year.