Forge coming to Express.

Artee

Some of them are already worried that it'll be that way again.
Oh I know they are worried. Everyone who was around in the good ole days when Express couriers used to bust their ass, are all 60 years old now and don't want to go back to bulk pups/dels and trucks full of convention center crates. Back when computers and monitors came in huge boxes and Radius used to ship their monitors on their own small pallets.

Artee

They never delivered the kind of stuff Ground delivers now
Sure we did. You were just in a small market and never got to experience it. Come on out to where the big boys play and see the stuff we used to move. I would cover a p/u rote that used to fill a high cube twice in 3 hours from many different pickups. Once it was full you would have to return to the station and offload it yourself on the belt before you could go back and fill it again. We used to fill 4 CTVS in one hour for the MEMH flight. And another 4 later for WCO. And we were not even a superstation.

bacha29

Get ready to deliver ovens, fridges, and steel mattress frames
For the same pay or possibly less since money's tight
Look, salesman have to buy drugs too and with freight volume overall settling back into pre COVID levels even nationally franchised Steve's Marijuana now demands cash or pre certified credit with scores above 750. That salesman isn't going to care about weight and dimension violations just as long as he gets his money next Friday because after all they sew hernias everyday.

10-27

I'm still seeing both riding around my area. Seem stupid when one truck could do the airs, ground, and pick ups. You might need more drivers out there in some areas.
We can't even get 1 Express truck in same area. DRA has us crossing, looping, driving in circles, skipping areas, going over other routes, etc. It's been a :censored2: show for years.

fdxsux

We had 3 drivers at a stop the other day. A ground driver delivering ground, a ground driver delivering express, and an express driver delivering express. Not even lying.

FedupExpress

Sure we did. You were just in a small market and never got to experience it. Come on out to where the big boys play and see the stuff we used to move. I would cover a p/u rote that used to fill a high cube twice in 3 hours from many different pickups. Once it was full you would have to return to the station and offload it yourself on the belt before you could go back and fill it again. We used to fill 4 CTVS in one hour for the MEMH flight. And another 4 later for WCO. And we were not even a superstation.
And all that
We had 3 drivers at a stop the other day. A ground driver delivering ground, a ground driver delivering express, and an express driver delivering express. Not even lying.
Just a matter of time before the entire company closes down😂

fatboy33

So it sounds like Express is going back to its roots. Long before Ground we used to deliver all the big bulky stuff as an Express driver. Newer employees think Express was just delivering 10lb boxes and overnight letters. 25+ years ago we used to do it all. Sounds like it might be a shock to the newer drivers, but any guys with seniority know how it used to be.
My first 4 years at Express, I had a ground route lol

shartpost

Depending on geography and volume, one business could have FO, Express P1, normal Ground freight, Ground slaves delivering Express, and separate Ground and Express pickups. That's 6 drivers hitting the same place

!Retired!

We can't even get 1 Express truck in same area. DRA has us crossing, looping, driving in circles, skipping areas, going over other routes, etc. It's been a :censored2: show for years.
If you get paid by the hour, why care? If DRA gave you that work, you'd be on here complaining you have too much work.

Guitarman01

Just maybe saw something a little telling. I just saw on Reddit, coming soon customers will soon have a photo of their driver along with their first name. This was in an express news letter to start rolling out in June. That sure doesn't make it sound like FedEx is going the way of the contractor model, or at least not going away anytime soon.