Former coworker is now my supervisor

LoveUPS

We both started at the same time years ago. He keeps begging me to become a supervisor. He says it's not right to keep being an employee and being a supervisor is where the money is.

Is he right?

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
We both started at the same time years ago. He keeps begging me to become a supervisor. He says it's not right to keep being an employee and being a supervisor is where the money is.

Is he right?
No , Tell him to get back to you in a year , if he still feels that way you will become a supe

eats packages

Deranged lunatic

Is he right?
PT sups don't make $21/h with full benefits. And they certainly do not earn a pension and $19 in raises a few years later.

MrBates

Is he right?

There is money in it if your willing to sacrifice your soul and go the distance to make full time. Health benefits are not as attractive though.

Box Ox

Is he right?

Wait until you're a couple months or years down the road and you see the sad look on his face as you go driving and he's stuck in the building huffing his center manager's farts.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Management gets treated worse than us from what I've seen. They are on-call 24/7 and when you add up the extra hours they work the money doesn't look that great to me. They have to pay for health insurance and their MIP bonuses aren't what they used to be. They just go around trying to fix problems all day and are under a lot more stress. I don't blame anybody for wanting a bigger challenge or more money, it just doesn't look like it's worth it to me.

KOG72

I’m full of it

Is he right?
Just keep doing what you are doing let him/her be a sucker

ski or die

Ski or Die
The pressure and stress of the position is tremendous. Upper management suck they life out of their soul forcing them to treat employees like dogs. Many cannot handle this realizing this is not the way you treat a person. In my time with the company, I seen several sups break down mentally and many have heart problems. Something they have to live with for the rest of their lives becoming that kind of a person. My parents did not bring me up that way. I could never treat another human being like they did.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

Is he right?
tenor.gif

Days

The pressure and stress of the position is tremendous. Upper management suck they life out of their soul forcing them to treat employees like dogs. Many cannot handle this realizing this is not the way you treat a person. In my time with the company, I seen several sups break down mentally and many have heart problems. Something they have to live with for the rest of their lives becoming that kind of a person. My parents did not bring me up that way. I could never treat another human being like they did.

Sign me up

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
You are assuming all people have a conscience. UPS is proof that is not true.

BestMgrEver

Hot girl summer
Management gets treated worse than us from what I've seen. They are on-call 24/7 and when you add up the extra hours they work the money doesn't look that great to me. They have to pay for health insurance and their MIP bonuses aren't what they used to be. They just go around trying to fix problems all day and are under a lot more stress. I don't blame anybody for wanting a bigger challenge or more money, it just doesn't look like it's worth it to me.

Such a myth. We're not on call 24/7. The MIP bonuses are great. You have a opportunity of always moving up more. I make a lot more money than a lot of the drivers. 3 cars a house, a business building that I purchased and probably have more of a life than the average driver, id say that management isn't bad at all. It's how you make it. Everyone in this thread couldn't cut it In the management world and love the safety cusion behind the union so they stay what they are. At the end of my career at UPS my salary will be way beyond 250k+.

Such a myth. We're not on call 24/7. The MIP bonuses are great. You have a opportunity of always moving up more. I make a lot more money than a lot of the drivers. 3 cars a house, a business building that I purchased and probably have more of a life than the average driver, id say that management isn't bad at all. It's how you make it. Everyone in this thread couldn't cut it In the management world and love the safety cusion behind the union so they stay what they are. At the end of my career at UPS my salary will be way beyond 250k+.
What On Road Sup makes $250k/yr.?