Former Employee: 401k Question (On Topic)

PaulNMannIV

Umm...hi. This is a post coming from somebody that resigned from their position 4.5 years ago (almost to the exact date) and had some questions about their 401k.

First, the small details. I was an order picker for about 7 months before I quit for what seemed like a better opportunity. The specific date I quit was March 27th, 2013.

4.5 years ago, I have repairs I have to make because of Hurricane Irma and I can't do them without more money. I remembered that I had worked for UPS ages ago, but admittedly don't remember ANYTHING about the plans there. I know I started a 401k plan and I know it was taken out of my checks every week; I knew even back then that preparations for retirement were important. My ultimate question is, though: Would I be able to even access it? It's been more than four years and I don't even remember the WHAT and HOW of accessing it. What plan was it under? How much? What was my Username, etc? Those questions I, unfortunately, cannot answer.

For somebody in my position, what would be the best first step?

Questions regarding more information are, of course, welcomed, and I'll give as many details as I can. I just wish I was smart enough to get all this down when I was a dumb teenager.

PaulNMannIV

We have "order picker" positions at UPS?
News to me.

I wouldn't know what else to call it. Operating an order picker in a warehouse in order to pick items for an order? It's an order picker position in any other place, so...

Call the 401k plan

Then comes in another question. Which one? Fidelity? Voya? Prudential? All of these are coming up and I don't remember which one is the one I would've fallen in at the time.

I wouldn't know what else to call it. Operating an order picker in a warehouse in order to pick items for an order? It's an order picker position in any other place, so...

Then comes in another question. Which one? Fidelity? Voya? Prudential? All of these are coming up and I don't remember which one is the one I would've fallen in at the time.
Don't you have any old statements?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Umm...hi. This is a post coming from somebody that resigned from their position 4.5 years ago (almost to the exact date) and had some questions about their 401k.

First, the small details. I was an order picker for about 7 months before I quit for what seemed like a better opportunity. The specific date I quit was March 27th, 2013.

4.5 years ago, I have repairs I have to make because of Hurricane Irma and I can't do them without more money. I remembered that I had worked for UPS ages ago, but admittedly don't remember ANYTHING about the plans there. I know I started a 401k plan and I know it was taken out of my checks every week; I knew even back then that preparations for retirement were important. My ultimate question is, though: Would I be able to even access it? It's been more than four years and I don't even remember the WHAT and HOW of accessing it. What plan was it under? How much? What was my Username, etc? Those questions I, unfortunately, cannot answer.

For somebody in my position, what would be the best first step?

Questions regarding more information are, of course, welcomed, and I'll give as many details as I can. I just wish I was smart enough to get all this down when I was a dumb teenager.

How come you got fired?