Forum issues?

trickpony1

I wish one of the computer wizards on this forum would fix this. It's such a hassle.
This forum ran so smooth before.
I would like to say it's something on my end but I'm not sure.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I wish one of the computer wizards on this forum would fix this. It's such a hassle.
This forum ran so smooth before.
I would like to say it's something on my end but I'm not sure.
Trick, I have done everything I can do on my end short of downloading a new browser. :dissapointed: Or calling my computer guy. I don't think it's me. I have no issues with any other site that I go to.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Are you still having problems, Trick? All the issues went away for me this morning.

This started Monday and has not stopped. There are 3 threads right now that will not even come up, movie reviews - short week - 1 other that I can't remember right off hand. All they do is keep refreshing. I like IE, I don't want a new browser.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Trick, I have done everything I can do on my end short of downloading a new browser. :dissapointed: Or calling my computer guy. I don't think it's me. I have no issues with any other site that I go to.
Same here.

This started Monday and has not stopped. There are 3 threads right now that will not even come up, movie reviews - short week - 1 other that I can't remember right off hand. All they do is keep refreshing. I like IE, I don't want a new browser.
Ditto! Some threads are fine, like this one, and others just keep loading.

klein

Für Meno :)
I'm ok, now. Was only the day before yesterday I had problems, and maybe the day before then.
I have IE, and it updated itself in the last 2 days (shutting the pc down, and it tells you not to unplug it, {updating 1 of 6 }, ) Don't know if it had anything to do with it, ofcourse.
But, it's been working fine since.
But, I have Windows 7, and a fairly new laptop, so it updates almost everything, everyday.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I'm ok, now. Was only the day before yesterday I had problems, and maybe the day before then.
I have IE, and it updated itself in the last 2 days (shutting the pc down, and it tells you not to unplug it, {updating 1 of 6 }, ) Don't know if it had anything to do with it, ofcourse.
But, it's been working fine since.
But, I have Windows 7, and a fairly new laptop, so it updates almost everything, everyday.
windows 7 home premium. shut mine down every day............................

DS

Fenderbender
I don't know why you don't TRY google chrome.You DO NOT have to delete IE,hell you can run both in different windows.
So just give it a shot with whatever you got and it just might work.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I don't know why you don't TRY google chrome.You DO NOT have to delete IE,hell you can run both in different windows.
So just give it a shot with whatever you got and it just might work.
LOL have to find it, download it and then figure out all its little intricacies..........................:knockedout:

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
I'm really struggling to figure out what's causing these issues. Tony experienced the thread marking error a day or 2 ago. Then it just went away several hours later. I thought it must have been some kind of server glitch which had righted itself, then you guys started reporting all these other problems.

Yesterday I reported these issues to the forum software vendor's tech support. They couldn't replicate any of the errors, so they won't help...

The server is purring like a kitten right now. I've been using IE8 here for the last couple of hours with no problems.

I'm just not sure what those of you still experiencing trouble have in common.

Are you all using Internet Explorer 8?

Have you tried clearing your browser cache and cookies? The server may have had some kind of issue that caused it to distribute corrupted cookies which have been stored in your browser cache causing the error to replay itself over and over. The same could have happened with a kerfrumpled version of a thread page that your browser has stored and keeps trying to reuse.

friend you return to the main index page via the link provided and you are still logged in, you may have to remove your cookies manually.

You'll have to clear your cache manually. Here is a link to google’s instructions for clearing the cache and cookies from Internet Explorer and Firefox:

http://www.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=497

I apologize for all the inconvenience. Since I can't see it and no errors are being logged it's difficult for me to figure out exactly how to fix these issues. If anyone has any idea what I could do or look into to fix these issues feel free to share your knowledge.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
IE 8 and I have done everything you suggested to no avail. I guess I will try a new browser and see if that changes anything.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
If you're asking me why I mentioned IE8 it's because the people that have pm'd me have been using IE8 and I already knew that dilli uses it.

If it's only happening with 1 browser version then I will be able to report it that way to the software vendor and force them to look into it further.

If these same issues are happening in other browsers too then they will tell me it's not related to their software and I'm back to looking at the server configuration.