PVDs?

542thruNthru

Has anyone seen or heard anything? Seems everyone has fallen silent on this issue since the PT pay numbers came out. Is the message still no PVDs no matter what or has that changed?

UPSmechanicinblue

Has anyone seen or heard anything? Seems everyone has fallen silent on this issue since the PT pay numbers came out. Is the message still no PVDs no matter what or has that changed?
no PVD as of now but keep in mind that they are still negotiating, things can change to achieve what SOB wants in the economics part of the contract (pay, raises pension health care etc) This is the down side of keeping the negotiations so open, if the union had to give up something they gained you will have members upset. Until you see what we are voting on it's all speculation

UPSmechanicinblue

no PVD as of now but keep in mind that they are still negotiating, things can change to achieve what SOB wants in the economics part of the contract (pay, raises pension health care etc) This is the down side of keeping the negotiations so open, if the union had to give up something they gained you will have members upset. Until you see what we are voting on it's all speculation
Sorry on this statement, I cannot find it anywhere that PVD is ended. If anyone can please post it. I thought i herd it in a vid about ending PVD along with the 22.4 positions

Thebrownblob

Allow PVD's Thanksgiving- New Year's day. That's it.

Yep I think that’s what it is. Most drivers don’t mind the pvd at peak. I’m not necessarily one of them but as long as they don’t limit the hours of regular package car drivers if they want them, I suppose.

Yep I think that’s what it is. Most drivers don’t mind the pvd at peak. I’m not necessarily one of them but as long as they don’t limit the hours of regular package car drivers if they want them, I suppose.
Looks like part-timers will have first shot at being a PVD driver
Screenshot_20230725-152328-057.png

JL 0513

Almost every driver prefers PVD help vs on car helper. It's just way more efficient having two vehicles running around than sitting there as a driver waiting for the slow walking helper to return. I hate babysitting someone all day. Just made peak worse.

But yes, they gotta stop bringing them on in October and leaving drivers with 7 hour days. Actual peak only.

542thruNthru

Looks like part-timers will have first shot at being a PVD driver
View attachment 439502
Yeah but this doesn't solve the problem. They will flood the system with PVDs. They will cut all planned days to 8 hours and take advantage of the weak drivers by convincing them to go home.

PVDs was a strike issue. Now it's tucked back in the corner hoping no one notices.

I didn't expect pvds to go away but there better be some damn language to stop the company from abusing them, and letting part timers have first dibs is not going to do anything.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Almost every driver prefers PVD help vs on car helper. It's just way more efficient having two vehicles running around than sitting there as a driver waiting for the slow walking helper to return. I hate babysitting someone all day. Just made peak worse.

But yes, they gotta stop bringing them on in October and leaving drivers with 7 hour days. Actual peak only.

What’s wrong with a 7 hour day now and the